Not fulfilling my wifely duties!!!

fromnz123

Aug 2, 2019
UK
Having spent the day being chief cook, bottle washer, Gardner, banker, social secretary, laundry , cleaner, maid and the rest whilst my OH sits watching TV and spending the day on the laptop on ebay and Facebook, being alternatively verbally abused, and ignored, at the end of the day as he is going to bed , he says "are you coming to bed", to which I say "no I'm now going to watch some tv", to which he always says "your no fun anymore, your so boring"..... I wonder why that is???? !!!!!

AMM

Aug 14, 2020
I can empathise with you as it seems you are on a virtual tread mill. You must take some ME time for yourself and look at some respite as you sound worn out. Big ??x

Janey B

Aug 15, 2019
Northwest
@fromnz123 I could have wrote your post it’s just the same at this house. Only difference is my OH is not as diplomatic as yours. His end of day response is “ are we having sex” ?

fromnz123

Aug 2, 2019
UK
@fromnz123 I could have wrote your post it’s just the same at this house. Only difference is my OH is not as diplomatic as yours. His end of day response is “ are we having sex” ?

Janey B he’s not always that diplomatic, I’m just trying to keep some decorum ?

Buteo

Mar 20, 2019
One of my wife's regular responses to me when she gets angry is to say, "You've done nothing, nothing, you're just mucking around and sitting on your backside!" She is completely unaware of where the food or clean clothes come from or the effort taken to get her dressed or sitting on the loo or all the other tasks that have to be done.

fromnz123

Aug 2, 2019
UK
Following the usual bed time routine and me refusing offers of “bed time fun”, he was then stomping about saying “this is no marriage, I didn’t sign up for this”!!

I don’t know how i held my tongue!! Because I “didn’t sign up” for this either!!!!!???

RitaT

Aug 20, 2020
I'm just starting the long journey of dementia with my husband. I now do everything in the house and garden as well as being Mummy to 3 fur babies!. I'm physically disabled with arthritis and numerous health issues.It gets so frustrating when he is just sat there asking repeatedly if I'm alright as
I struggle to do everything. However much family and our overstretched social services support lts you who bears the brunt 24/7. Best wishes to all carers out there. I actually worked in care for 30 years until I was retired earlyas "not fit for purpose

fromnz123

Aug 2, 2019
UK
I'm just starting the long journey of dementia with my husband. I now do everything in the house and garden as well as being Mummy to 3 fur babies!. I'm physically disabled with arthritis and numerous health issues.It gets so frustrating when he is just sat there asking repeatedly if I'm alright as
I struggle to do everything. However much family and our overstretched social services support lts you who bears the brunt 24/7. Best wishes to all carers out there. I actually worked in care for 30 years until I was retired earlyas "not fit for purpose
@RitaT. That sounds extremely difficult, I’m lucky to have my health at the moment and it’s hard enough!!

RitaT

Aug 20, 2020
@RitaT. That sounds extremely difficult, I’m lucky to have my health at the moment and it’s hard enough!!
but we're all in the same boat and it's great to have a forum where we can support one another
I think it's knowing what the future holds makes it more difficult

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I remember reading on here about the tactics used by one lady with the same problem.
When it was suggested that they went for some "bedroom fun", she would roll her eyes and say "darling, Im so tired I dont think I can - we've already done it 8 times today and I havent got the stamina that you have................ "

She said that it left him feeling so proud that he didnt continue to pester her (at least for that night)!

fromnz123

Aug 2, 2019
UK
I remember reading on here about the tactics used by one lady with the same problem.
When it was suggested that they went for some "bedroom fun", she would roll her eyes and say "darling, Im so tired I dont think I can - we've already done it 8 times today and I havent got the stamina that you have................ "

She said that it left him feeling so proud that he didnt continue to pester her (at least for that night)!
??