Not fair

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Not all old people get dementia. My late mother's friend is 100 this year and as sharp as a tack when she phones me or I visit. My sister at 82 could knock spots off anyone in general knowledge.

It is important to know that as when you are young and exposed to dementia you could begin to think it is inevitable.

It is very hard to face the decline of people we care about but until we discover a prevention or cure for this horrible disease then we just have to deal with it.

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
My cousin died last year at 98, her only problem was increasingly poor sight. She used to exercise every day including hanging by her arms from the door frames to stretch. There's a family photo taken when she was in her 90's and she's sitting cross-legged on the floor. She too had a mind as sharp as a tack.

Hope I've inherited that strand of the family genes....

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Twinklestar 12
I am sorry you felt the need to delete your post . I hope you will feel able to post on Talking Point again as their is a wealth of knowledge and understanding as well as cyber support on here

While I was watching my mum decline with mixed dementia I too felt it was not fair, I still do even though she is now free.
Sadly Dementia is one of many horrid diseases that we can suffer from

Pottingshed50

Apr 8, 2012
I would like to second what Lin1 has to say. Unfortunately I did not read your post before you deleted it. Do come back and talk to us on here. They say a trouble shared is a trouble halved. No one is one here to judge, we have all been there with our doubts and worries and concerns. We all need each other.

We look forward to hearing futher from you.

BabyBoomer

Oct 13, 2014
I'll second that - I have found real comfort in sharing my problems with people that have or are going through the same thing. Nobody judges or criticises and it's good knowing you can let off steam if you need to xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Ladybird23

Feb 28, 2014
Me too. I cannot thank TP enough, and just wish I had found it sooner.

I will tell people about TP if and when needed. It is a place of comfort, bit like slippers, and no matter how we feel there is always someone who can bring us a smile and a hug.

God bless my Dad.