not eating

VerityRuth

Apr 28, 2014
Essex coast
my husband caught the cold/flu that I have been getting through, though I don't think it has gone on to be a chest infection but he has lost his appetite and I am despairing about getting him to eat something to get some strength back. Up to today he has at least been having his cornflakes and banana for breakfast but this morning has refused that. He has taken himself off back to bed and I have made him some tea and put a sandwich by the side of the bed which I hope he eats and I really need him to have a shower before I have friends coming over tomorrow because he smells awful. Not looking necessarily for any advice, just letting off steam !!! thanks for listening xx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Sorry to read your post, there are some really nasty bugs going round at the moment, hope you both feel better for tomorrow. Difficult to know what to suggest re eating but what about a smoothie, liquidise banana, yogurt and any other fruit he likes. Perhaps soup or porridge if he doesn't want to bother chewing much. Good luck with the shower! Hope you manage to enjoy Christmas a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I was out earlier, shopping and could hear people coughing. And someone coughed whilst we were all waiting for the train to town. So yes, it's about, whatever it is.

Hope things improve for you both soon, VerityRuth.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Fingers crossed verityruth. You can almost anticipate the spanner in the works can't
You

VerityRuth

Apr 28, 2014
Essex coast
Thank you all for your comments. Amazingly, after I had taken him a honey and sliced banana sandwich, cut up into fours, and cup of tea which he ate in bed he has got up and has had a shower - phew - what a relief and hopefully he will start to brighten up for the rest of today. Won't push food too much but it seems that if I put something small in front of him he might, just might, eat it.

This site is so wonderful to just have a good rant which I needed earlier.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all and may your stress be as manageable as possible. (((xxx)))

VerityRuth

Apr 28, 2014
Essex coast
You are so right, seems sometimes he just wants to spoil things but I am sure he can't help it but so far now things are improving today so fingers and everything else crossed for a good day tomorrow. We have "understanding" friends coming to share the day with us. Happy Christmas xx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thank you all for your comments. Amazingly, after I had taken him a honey and sliced banana sandwich, cut up into fours, and cup of tea which he ate in bed he has got up and has had a shower - phew - what a relief and hopefully he will start to brighten up for the rest of today. Won't push food too much but it seems that if I put something small in front of him he might, just might, eat it.

This site is so wonderful to just have a good rant which I needed earlier.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all and may your stress be as manageable as possible. (((xxx)))

Honey and sliced banana. Mmmm. That sounds delicious! Glad things have improved a bit. It's lovely when something happens to lighten the load, somewhat.

Love and hugs to you both.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
You are so right, seems sometimes he just wants to spoil things but I am sure he can't help it but so far now things are improving today so fingers and everything else crossed for a good day tomorrow. We have "understanding" friends coming to share the day with us. Happy Christmas xx

So glad the not eating seems to have been just a blip. It's always worrying though isn't it. How did it go woth your friends yesterday?

VerityRuth

Apr 28, 2014
Essex coast
So glad the not eating seems to have been just a blip. It's always worrying though isn't it. How did it go woth your friends yesterday?

Thank you Stanley. Well he didnt have any breakfast but did get up and surprisingly was quite affable when friends arrived and sat down and ate some dinner. I gave him a smaller plate and he ate half of it and some Christmas pudding too. He didn't have anything else besides a couple of chocolates and some beer and brandy !! and this morning has not had any breakfast but has been out for a walk with our dog which is always good for him and I am so glad he is able to do this and we live in a very friendly neighbourhood and lots of people stop to talk to him and our dog and they all know the problem and are understanding. Which is more than I can say for the girls I thought were my closest friends who a few months ago, when my husband threw a wobbler when we were with them, now refuse to meet with us. They will meet with me but not him and to think we were all long time health service staff !!!
Anyway that's my rant over for today and now I am going to try to get some resemblance of tidy back to our home. Have a lovely day Stanley and hope things are not too difficult for you at this time x