not eating

tiggertastic

Feb 18, 2018
colne
for 9 days mum has been on new meds and for most of those days has eaten little or nothing her weight has plummeted and her mood is terrible we took her to hospital yesterday and the best we have got is to take of the meds and reintroduce a 1 at a time that a little worrying because that could mean many more days not eating my sister and i are beside ourselves since christmas we have worked hard at getting mum healthy eating well sleeping well enjoying outings and with one bad decision on her meds we are not even back where we were we are so much worse GUTTED :mad:

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Are there treats which your mother might eat? Chocolate, cake, ice cream? At a time like this, I feel it's more important to focus on calories rather than nutrition.

tiggertastic

Feb 18, 2018
colne
Are there treats which your mother might eat? Chocolate, cake, ice cream? At a time like this, I feel it's more important to focus on calories rather than nutrition.
ya i feel the same but like i said we had got her to eating almost anything which had been a hard slog because with the dementia came an unwillingness to eat but the old meds seemed to help with so many issues not least an increase in appetite i have left her now and she will not eat anything and she has also cut down on liquids another worry and not a jot of interest from any doctor or the hospital so we are just batting through day by day hoping that once the old meds are out of her system she might feel like she wants to eat thanks for the advice and concern x