Not coping

Janderhol

Aug 27, 2019
I understand that completely. Still being visited on a daily basis by Crisis Care. Another day yet another visit from them. They say escalating help but it seems to me that it still takes longer than it should. I feel like a zombie.

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I am left doing everything on my own. Am I selfish?
No you are definitely not selfish. It takes some doing to get used to caring for another person and learning to get along alone. Many of us on here feel as if we live alone in the same house as our sick person, something we never envisaged and although I never get used to it I am less troubled by it than before. I do absolutely everything, he doesn’t begin to understand his difficulties and he sits there issuing orders which drives me mad. But he can’t help it and I have to keep telling myself that. Talking Point is a great support especially when you have a bad day. Somehow knowing that other people understand and have first hand experience helps as well as all the advice for coping with the problems. Keep posting!

Janderhol

Aug 27, 2019
So sorry to hear this. I am glad you are now get in some help
My husband is now in his 2nd week in a nursing home, and i am finding it heartbreaking that he is “doing his best to like it”. Sometimes just a little knowledge in the person is worse than total oblivion. X

Janderhol

Aug 27, 2019
Hi Katy thanks for your reply. Today my husband has been assessed urgently for respite care funded by Social Care. Unfortunately at the same time blood has been found in his urine. I can see him getting weaker day by day. Heart failure, dementia is taking its toll on his health. I do wonder if hospital if the place he should be but I’m too weary to argue with Social Worker. I hope your husband is settling into what can never replace his home, and I wish you all the best in dealing with this change in your life.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheree.fielder1