Not been Down to see my Mum Since Last Friday...

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
AS My Insomnia has hit HARD again and this is the worst it has been, getting out this cycle of it is proving VERY hard.

I have called the home asking how my mum is a couple of times and said about my insomnia and i said i know i shouldnt feel bad about not going down due to my insomnia but i do and a staff member said words to the effect of "No, You shouldnt and you are calling.".

Been Awake Since 7:15pm last night:(

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Don`t worry too much WS. It sounds as if your mum is well cared for and the home is good.

Sorry about the insomnia. Try playing some gentle music and counting your breaths. :)

worriedson1

Jan 30, 2012
Don`t worry too much WS. It sounds as if your mum is well cared for and the home is good.

Sorry about the insomnia. Try playing some gentle music and counting your breaths. :)

Thanks for the Advice and yes my mum is looked after in a fantastic, caring manner and that is a Severe Understatement and the home is utterly fantastic.

I KNOW i shouldnt feel bad but sadly cant help it.

Demonica66

Oct 23, 2014
Hi WS. Sadly, the guilt-monster never seems to go away does it? No matter how much we do, how much we try or how much time we spend, if is never enough. The CH are absolutely right; you are phoning and you care. If only the weight of responsibility could be reduced. We always seem to reproach ourselves for what we DIDN'T do, rather that pay ourselves on the back for things we DID do. It's human nature to strive for success but success is not measured equally and is subjective. Be kind to yourself. You are doing more than enough. D x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Dear Worriedson, as everyone has said, please do not feel bad about not being able to visit your mum as you have been reassured that she is ok, well cared for in a wonderful CH.

Sorry you suffer from insomnia - I'm sure you will have tried many things to help you achieve a restful night, such as soothing music, reading, walking and above all try not to worry (easier said than done I know) Hope you can find a way to achieve a new sleep pattern.

Lilac xx

Miss shiraz

Dec 24, 2014
Midlands
It's good that you've found a suitable home for your mum as this is such a worry as you hear such awful things at times. You should take confort that she is in such a good home and I'm sure that you made sure that the home was one of the best and a suitable place for your mum.
whilst we love our parents dearly, we are not professionals at looking after our loved ones with this awful disease.
Why shouldn't you not visit for a week or even longer as you need to live your own life and take care of yourself. I'm sure that over the years you have provided many hours of care and support.

I find yoga a good way of relaxing and clearing my head...may be worth a try.

take care and hope sleep time comes soon....