Not All Building Societies Send New Cards With New Accounts

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I'm just writing to let you know that not all Building Societies automatically send new cards with new accounts. Dad's accounts were closed his money put into a new account all the paperwork was done and a pin number sent through but in this age of the Coronavirus I was unable to access the money except in small amounts and divide it between my brothers and myself. I told the Building Society that I have never come across this with our banks and that we need the money to get us through this crisis. So now I have to wait until next week when the card arrives and I have a brother who doesn't seem to believe that I am doing all I can to get this money.

MaNaAk

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Has the probate now been finalised? If not then the money shouldn't really be distributed until any outstanding debts have been identified and paid.

I thought that most building society accounts can be accessed via on-line banking so that you can transfer money electronically? Thanks for the heads up if some don't provide this service as we're in the process of selling Mum's house and the proceeds will need to be placed into various accounts which have on-line banking facilities to enable easy transfers.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Louise,

I've never done on-line banking before but dad's savings were under £50000 so technically they are available. Also my sister-in-law has completed all the tax forms but she only started looking at the on-line probate form a few days ago.

MaNaAk