Not A Great Day

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

First mother's day without both parents and I was okay until I heard the Carpenters on the radio and it all came back.

MaNaAk

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It's a hard day for us @MaNaAk. Thinking of you.

flowers-p 2.jpg

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
What a beautiful picture Izzy! Please imagine that I've sent you one as I'm not so good with modern technology like you are.
It takes special people to do what we're doing.

Love

MaNaAk

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
Only 2 months since my wife died and I was sort of okay until one of our sons posted a Mothers Day tribute to his mum, along with an old photo of her holding him as a toddler.?

I have been doing okay up until now, getting some great support from company off friends in our local pub. Of course that has now come to an abrupt stop and I am already finding it very difficult.

Stay safe.
Phil

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Slaps from the grief monster are almost inevitable - especially on a day like today.
You are doing all right, so cut yourself some slack
xx

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Hubby died seven weeks ago so today is the first Mother's Day when I cannot show him my cards and tell him what day it is.

Beautiful flowers Izzy - I haven't learnt how to do that so enjoyed seeing them.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hubby died seven weeks ago so today is the first Mother's Day when I cannot show him my cards and tell him what day it is.

Beautiful flowers Izzy - I haven't learnt how to do that so enjoyed seeing them.

I’m glad you like them. So hard - thinking of you.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I feel for you all. I am feeling better now after talking to a friend on the phone and another friend on WhatsApp. I have also been messaging my Piano and Violin pupils about on-line lessons so I have kept busy. I also had to go out and do some shopping and I bought some treats.

MaNaAk

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
One of my friends texted me on Mother's Day, which helped enormously. Wednesday would have been mum's birthday, so this isnt the best time of year for me. On the other hand, I am grateful that we were spared having to worry about coronavirus. I just read how soldiers in Spain on entering care homes found the bodies of residents abandoned on their deathbeds. I miss her, sure but worrying over her was bad enough considering the dementia. Coronavirus on top of that would have been awful. I really feel sorry for those who are having to cope with that double anxiety.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear CWD,

It's still on the news and it is so very sad and yes I feel for our friends on this sight who are caring for loved ones through this.

MaNaAk