not a good day

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
Yesterday I was sick all day had this 24 hr somach bug so felt really bad but still had to do the caring. today much better but my sister much worse. perhaps another TIC in night. Took ages to get out of bed the to get upatairs to bathroom a nightmare, Managed a shower just about. Had to do all dressing and it is day care today but she wont be ready for tranoport as she is still eating breakfast v slowly, most gouing into pouches of mouth. I could take her later but if she still cant walk how will they get her back. i shouild be at work this afternoon, but not sure what to do. What a Day.

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
taxi came and said they would wait which was good. managed to get her in with great dificulty but have phoned day-centre and told them she will need help in getting out. \may get a neighbour to come in and see that she gets out ok tonight. Things looking up (slightly)

DaisyG

Feb 20, 2006
North West England
Kind Words...

Sorry you've been having a hard time.....

As the ONLY carer for my husband, It's ALWAYS difficult when I'm feeling ill/off colour.... hardly ever I might add....

You have to struggle on matter what, don't you?

Just to let you know, I am thinking of you, and wish you well.

Regards,

DaisyG

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
I'm sorry it's been a bad day, hope you are feeling better, Pammy.

What is TIC? (I've tried googling it.)

Glad you managed to get your sister into the taxi. Hope she'll be as OK as usual with the day centre and with getting back.

Lila

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
try "Transient Ischaemic Attack"

I don't know what the C might be... convulsion maybe, or perhaps I'm on totally the wrong track

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
Win got back ok from day centre but has been strange all evening, unable to sit up properly all to one side then unable to get into standing position, needed 2 of us. She is then walking very unsteadily in a bent up position. also very quiiet not trying to say anything. Getting in bed was also night mare. Also couldn't drink from cup but managed straw. this is the worst she has been since living with me the past9 months. Should I get the doctor to her?

Trebor

Mar 21, 2006
up North
I can see why you're thinking TIA, but as a bit of a long shot could she be constipated? Ive seen badly constipated older people who are very lethargic and strangely list to one side.

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Pammy, I would get the docs to check her out. It could be something simple or it could be a more serious problem. For your own peace of mind, let them have a look at her. Best wishes , Zan

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Pammy,
Sounds very much how mum went, could be TIA; we then experienced some improvement for a while.
I'd get the doctor to have a look, that's what they are there for.
Amy

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Hope you've been able to get a doctor to her. And hope the doctors can help.

Lila

pammy14 said:
Win got back ok from day centre but has been strange all evening, unable to sit up properly all to one side then unable to get into standing position, needed 2 of us. She is then walking very unsteadily in a bent up position. also very quiiet not trying to say anything. Getting in bed was also night mare. Also couldn't drink from cup but managed straw. this is the worst she has been since living with me the past9 months. Should I get the doctor to her?

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
Yeas |I took her to GP this am. She said it probably was another TIA but nothing can be done. said the shaking is prob parkinsons which comes with dementia, Was very kind and checked we had all the benefits and suggested contacting SW if we needed more help.

Win seems much better tonight walking better and not bent up. Also more alert so hopefully will improve and in a few days back to her normal.

Thanks all

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
pammy14 said:
. said the shaking is prob parkinsons which comes with dementia,
Thanks all

Has she previously been diagnosed as having Parkinson's? Parkinson's does not come with dementia, dementia sometimes comes with Parkinson's!

Parkinson's disease is a disease all on its own. I do not understand what the doctor is saying here. Or am I misunderstanding something?

pammy14

Dec 5, 2005
leicestershire
no. no-one has mentioned parkinsons before, she just said ohthe shaking probably parkinsons as if it was an expected thing with someone with vas dementia.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I would be asking more questions about this. How bad is the shaking and how often does it happen? People with Parkinson's are on regular medication to help with the symptoms. My mum had Parkinson's for quite a while before the question of dementia reared its ugly head. I'm not saying it couldn't happen the other way round, it just seems a very casual diagnosis to me. It's definitely news to me that anyone with vascular dementia is predisposed to also get Parkinson's.

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Glad she seems better and hope that she is still improving.

Lila

pammy14 said:
Yeas |I took her to GP this am. She said it probably was another TIA but nothing can be done. said the shaking is prob parkinsons which comes with dementia, Was very kind and checked we had all the benefits and suggested contacting SW if we needed more help.

Win seems much better tonight walking better and not bent up. Also more alert so hopefully will improve and in a few days back to her normal.

Thanks all