1. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    Yesterday I was sick all day had this 24 hr somach bug so felt really bad but still had to do the caring. today much better but my sister much worse. perhaps another TIC in night. Took ages to get out of bed the to get upatairs to bathroom a nightmare, Managed a shower just about. Had to do all dressing and it is day care today but she wont be ready for tranoport as she is still eating breakfast v slowly, most gouing into pouches of mouth. I could take her later but if she still cant walk how will they get her back. i shouild be at work this afternoon, but not sure what to do. What a Day.

2. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    taxi came and said they would wait which was good. managed to get her in with great dificulty but have phoned day-centre and told them she will need help in getting out. \may get a neighbour to come in and see that she gets out ok tonight. Things looking up (slightly)

3. DaisyG

DaisyG Registered User

Feb 20, 2006
    North West England
    Kind Words...

Sorry you've been having a hard time.....

As the ONLY carer for my husband, It's ALWAYS difficult when I'm feeling ill/off colour.... hardly ever I might add....

You have to struggle on matter what, don't you?

Just to let you know, I am thinking of you, and wish you well.

Regards,

DaisyG

4. Lila13

Lila13 Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm sorry it's been a bad day, hope you are feeling better, Pammy.

What is TIC? (I've tried googling it.)

Glad you managed to get your sister into the taxi. Hope she'll be as OK as usual with the day centre and with getting back.

Lila

5. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    try "Transient Ischaemic Attack"

I don't know what the C might be... convulsion maybe, or perhaps I'm on totally the wrong track

6. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    HI Bruce

Not quite with it today should have typed TIA- mini stroke oops!

7. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    ... keep drinking the wine... :D

8. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    Win got back ok from day centre but has been strange all evening, unable to sit up properly all to one side then unable to get into standing position, needed 2 of us. She is then walking very unsteadily in a bent up position. also very quiiet not trying to say anything. Getting in bed was also night mare. Also couldn't drink from cup but managed straw. this is the worst she has been since living with me the past9 months. Should I get the doctor to her?

9. Trebor

Trebor Registered User

Mar 21, 2006
    up North
    I can see why you're thinking TIA, but as a bit of a long shot could she be constipated? Ive seen badly constipated older people who are very lethargic and strangely list to one side.

10. zan

zan Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    staffordshire
    Pammy, I would get the docs to check her out. It could be something simple or it could be a more serious problem. For your own peace of mind, let them have a look at her. Best wishes , Zan

11. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Lionel very often lists badly to one side.......definately not constipation.
    See where you are coming from though. Connie

12. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    No it is definitely not constipation.. I will see how she is in the morning

Thanks

13. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    If your still worried during the night ,call doctor in

14. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Hiya Pammy,
    Sounds very much how mum went, could be TIA; we then experienced some improvement for a while.
    I'd get the doctor to have a look, that's what they are there for.
    Amy

15. Lila13

Lila13 Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Hope you've been able to get a doctor to her. And hope the doctors can help.

Lila

16. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    Yeas |I took her to GP this am. She said it probably was another TIA but nothing can be done. said the shaking is prob parkinsons which comes with dementia, Was very kind and checked we had all the benefits and suggested contacting SW if we needed more help.

Win seems much better tonight walking better and not bent up. Also more alert so hopefully will improve and in a few days back to her normal.

Thanks all

17. noelphobic

noelphobic Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Liverpool
    Has she previously been diagnosed as having Parkinson's? Parkinson's does not come with dementia, dementia sometimes comes with Parkinson's!

Parkinson's disease is a disease all on its own. I do not understand what the doctor is saying here. Or am I misunderstanding something?

18. pammy14

pammy14 Registered User

Dec 5, 2005
    leicestershire
    no. no-one has mentioned parkinsons before, she just said ohthe shaking probably parkinsons as if it was an expected thing with someone with vas dementia.

19. noelphobic

noelphobic Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Liverpool
    I would be asking more questions about this. How bad is the shaking and how often does it happen? People with Parkinson's are on regular medication to help with the symptoms. My mum had Parkinson's for quite a while before the question of dementia reared its ugly head. I'm not saying it couldn't happen the other way round, it just seems a very casual diagnosis to me. It's definitely news to me that anyone with vascular dementia is predisposed to also get Parkinson's.

20. Lila13

Lila13 Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    Glad she seems better and hope that she is still improving.

Lila