None stop talking to herself

Kenbob

Jan 11, 2019
My wife is now constantly talking no stop to someone seems to be talking to children related to when she was a nursery nurse in a school “ok come on then you have got to go now. Bye now see you soon”
my wife becomes agitated but not distressed .The memory nurse has asked if my wife is having hallucinations but I am not sure as she is unable to talk with any coherense.

Alex54

Oct 15, 2018
Newtown, Wales
@Kenbob my wife is the same, talking none stop, I have just learnt to live with it.
It might be wise to check for a UTI as this can often lead to such situations.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
It's important that any sudden changes in behaviour are properly investigated, as there may be underlying health issues, so it's good that the mental health team are involved. I'd also suggest a thorough check over by the GP as she may have an infection.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My OH has started muttering under his breath. He seems to be verbalising his thoughts.
If there is no underlying health problem, might that be what your wife is doing - remembering what she used to do and verbalising it?

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Oh my partner does this all the time, especially when I'm in a different room or upstairs, he does a lot of complaining and if he can't see me he gets anxious and even shouts, there's often a lot of negative stuff and some swearing. He always denies he's talking though, doesn't seem to realise he's doing it. Sometimes drives me mad but I try to tune it out now unless he sounds anxious then I go to reassure him that I'm there.

Kenbob

Jan 11, 2019
@Kenbob my wife is the same, talking none stop, I have just learnt to live with it.
It might be wise to check for a UTI as this can often lead to such situations.
Thank you my wife has had a blood test and hopefully any infection will show up.
i am unable to get a urine sample as she only urinates during the night in bed

Kenbob

Jan 11, 2019
My OH has started muttering under his breath. He seems to be verbalising his thoughts.
If there is no underlying health problem, might that be what your wife is doing - remembering what she used to do and verbalising it?
Yes that’s a thought thank you

Don T

Jun 28, 2017
Hi, not quite non stop, but my wife has LBD and we have this chatting, not exactly to herself but people she imagines are around. She sort of gets a topic in her mind and will pursue it for a few days.
I have also seen her conduct detailed calls on the phone to imaginary people.

Tezza1

Feb 5, 2020
My oh has talked to herself for quite a while but recently has started to whisper rather than talk and in addition has started making strange sounds, I have seen this progression in other victims at her day care centre.

None the Wiser

Feb 3, 2020
Hi, not quite non stop, but my wife has LBD and we have this chatting, not exactly to herself but people she imagines are around. She sort of gets a topic in her mind and will pursue it for a few days.
That’s exactly like my husband. He seems to hear their voices. He can talk for hours and hours and I think must get exhausted. It’s particularly prevalent in the evening and at night, but can be during the day. He seems to get stuck on a loop saying the same thing over and over, although it’s more than one phrase it’s a sort of story.

JC51

Jan 5, 2021
My wife also has LBD and Alzheimer’s ( together called mixed dementia). She has been talking to imaginary people for a long time, but just recently has started while I’m in the room with her. If I ask, she says I’m not talking to you, I’m talking to her/him even pointing to where this person is supposed to be in the room. The talking can go on for hours day or night. She also sees people , men ,women or little children, again pointing and will sometimes ask “ did you see her/him/them”.
None of her talking makes a lot of sense, it’s more like rambling, and mostly I haven’t a clue what she means.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa