noisy breathing/grunting,,is this to be expected

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
evening all,
not been on 4 a while,,
well mum came out of hospital today:)
so happpy as she now can enjoy her birthday and xmas pressis she missed when in there,,
shes got over her fall grt,arm fine now,,but her mobility gone,,but seems to be ok with hoist,,,
all that a plus,,..but,,,,i feel az getting worse,,,she now seems to get confused whebn eating,so needs help,,,,,talks far more odd stuff,,,but thing ive noticed most,,is she seems to have developed like a heavy breathing or grunt,,even when just sat:(:(:(,,i dont think shes aware of it,,anybody else witnesed this,,,,,
so hard to see her failing,,,but she looks ok,,,and shes home ,,warm,,,comfortable and content,,so alls not bad,,

a very happy new year to you all,,

carin a

Lovetosing

Sep 15, 2013
West Midlands
Grunting!

Hi Carin a, my father grunts a lot now. Initially he used to do it just when he was getting tired, but he's doing it almost all of the time now.

Sadly he's had a fall today and broken his hip, so his grunting has stopped as he's been put on oramorph for the pain until his op tomorrow. Of course we've been telling him not to move his legs, but he's forgotten as soon as we've told him, so he's in a lot of pain. He's already got too crumbled discs in his spine due to osteoporosis, it seems so unfair this beautiful gentle man has to have so much to put up with and understands none of it. Sorry, my rant over. Having a bad day.

I think your mum's grunting will probably continue and is part of the illness. Glad she's home with her loved ones now. I agree it's heartbreaking to see them failing :(

evening all,
not been on 4 a while,,
so happpy as she now can enjoy her birthday and xmas pressis she missed when in there,,
shes got over her fall grt,arm fine now,,but her mobility gone,,but seems to be ok with hoist,,,
all that a plus,,..but,,,,i feel az getting worse,,,she now seems to get confused whebn eating,so needs help,,,,,talks far more odd stuff,,,but thing ive noticed most,,is she seems to have developed like a heavy breathing or grunt,,even when just sat:(:(:(,,i dont think shes aware of it,,anybody else witnesed this,,,,,
so hard to see her failing,,,but she looks ok,,,and shes home ,,warm,,,comfortable and content,,so alls not bad,,

carin a

Sunny7

Nov 28, 2013
West Sussex
evening all,
not been on 4 a while,,

carin a

Oh my gosh.. yes the grunting .. my mother has started this recently .. she had a hospital admission back in November through to December .. over 2 admissions .. and since the 2nd admission I have seen lots of different behaviours not previously witnessed. Another stage of the dementia taking hold I suspect :( x

caring a

Mar 1, 2014
yes indeed sunny,,,,,mums same after hospital,
at hospital there sat out from 6.30 am so i guess bordom sets in and sadly lasts when home,,:(
having said that mum far more content now and settled but at times she seems to just go into grunt mode :(and appears quite unsettled,,then ok again,,,
i so hate this dammed az:mad::mad:
all the best,,,xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa