noises

sleepingplum

Mar 1, 2015
I have never in my life heard a man make so many noises. I look after my father in law and as I have posted before we now have sold our home to look after him so being here all day I now get to see and hear everything has anybody got a relative that is either constantly clearing their throat burping breaking wind. when I say it out loud and if someone else said it it would be funny but living with it day in and day out it can get on your last nerve might I add before the dementia he would be mortified at it. I appreciate to somebody else it is a small problem but believe me we have all that as well mood swings aggression incontinence but I deal with all that.

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
Sadly yes I think most of us have to deal with this. It's very easy to say, but for your own sake, you need to ignore it a much as possible. You could try shutting yourself in another room with a coffee for ten minutes, and take a few deep breaths.

Good luck.

sleepingplum

Mar 1, 2015
Sadly yes I think most of us have to deal with this. It's very easy to say, but for your own sake, you need to ignore it a much as possible. You could try shutting yourself in another room with a coffee for ten minutes, and take a few deep breaths.

Good luck.

thank you that is what I do just feel sad because its not that simple I have a beautiful little 7 yr old who now we have moved will want his friends over at some point and don't know what to do

Barnsey

Jul 2, 2013
Cheshire
My mother in law lives with us also andi know exactly what you mean! For us its coughs and grunts and sighs. It can be so hard to ignore sometimes. Most of the time I can zone out but when I can't my I pod and earphones are invaluable!

sleepingplum

Mar 1, 2015
My mother in law lives with us also andi know exactly what you mean! For us its coughs and grunts and sighs. It can be so hard to ignore sometimes. Most of the time I can zone out but when I can't my I pod and earphones are invaluable!

thank you I do tend to turn the tv up when he has breakfast and then do housework so I will keep on doing these things and your suggestion thank you

Bree

Oct 16, 2013
Do you have a spare room you can set aside for your little one to play in with his friends by any chance ? Do you have access to a volunteer who might sit with your FIL, to give you and your son a break ? Try SS, Age Concern, or Help The Aged if not, you must have some free time with your family, to re-charge those batteries.

Does your FIL get Attendance Allowance ? If not apply on his behalf, as that could fund someone to sit with him for you. Also apply for SS vouchers and Carer's Allowance for yourself.

Let us know how you get on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne2024