nobody is supportive

sleepingplum

Mar 1, 2015
we feel like we are hitting our heads against a brick wall we feel that if we had known the full gravity of the situation we would never have entered into it.we have had to move my father in law upstairs now as my little boy has to come first and after the incident of getting up in the living room and just pooing on the floor while I was in the kitchen I am petrified that if my little boy had friends round anything could happen.as much as we don't like to think it kids can be very cruel and I feel he goes through enough at home. there has been no information as what to expect and a lot of being pushed from one call to 6. the point we are at now is total incontinence pads are useless and the convenes cant fit no matter how small has anybody had this problem and what have they done we have been waiting 4 weeks now for any help :confused:

min88cat

Apr 6, 2010
Hi there

How old is your little boy? I honestly think you need to contact the adult services team at Social Services and say that you are unable to look after your father any longer. There comes a point when everyone's sanity and safety are compromised and it sounds like you've reached it.

Your son needs his parents, and I'm afraid that dementia and small children living in the same house is not a good mix. Also is your dad safe upstairs? Can he negotiate stairs ok?

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I think you need to go back to your continence service and explain to them that this is putting the whole family into crisis and you need to see a continence nurse urgently as in withing the next 2 days. Sometimes an issue like this is sortable with medical help - not always but sometimes. The other place where you can help by phone is
the Admiral Nurses Admiral Nursing Direct on 0800 888 6678 FREE . I can't remember the opening times but just give a call - they are apparently really really helpful and very knowledgeable and know their way around the system too

sleepingplum

Mar 1, 2015
thank you for your advice I will phone admiral nurses and it isn't a good mix but we have safety measures all in place to stop him falling down stairs he needs his bed more now for naps and downstairs is just not big enough I think with the continence we are in crisis so after the bank holiday I will be screaming for immediate help before its us as a family that goes under

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
thank you for your advice I will phone admiral nurses and it isn't a good mix but we have safety measures all in place to stop him falling down stairs he needs his bed more now for naps and downstairs is just not big enough I think with the continence we are in crisis so after the bank holiday I will be screaming for immediate help before its us as a family that goes under

Good for you.

Aisling

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Wishing you good luck and strength for today x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts