No Sleep

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone.

I had no sleep last night due to everything that's been going on. I came on here at 2.57 am and found I was the only one on and I have never done this before. Whilst I was up I looked at the Covid regulations and found that as someone living on their I can be in a social bubble with one other household with only one adult and when clearing a house I can't have anyone who is not in my social bubble coming in to help. I will however do what I can.

MaNaAk

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Try to not fret s much about the small things. This bubble situation is only for another two weeks- You can still get on and sort things on your own.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I can be in a social bubble with one other household with only one adult

You can be in a social bubble with one other household of any size

If you’re in a single-adult household

You can form a support bubble with another household of any size that is not part of a support bubble with anyone else if you:
  • live by yourself – even if carers visit you to provide support
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/making-a-support-bubble-with-another-household .

Everybody in the social bubble can help with your removal ie clearing house.
Think of the bubble as an extended family when deciding what you can do.

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
I know how it is; things on your mind not sleeping. Saturday night I had a really bad time thinking of my late husband. It’s been 2 1/2 years, I thought I was ok.... one really bad night and you know you are not there yet.
Be kind to yourself today. Naps are allowed

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
Thankyou @Jessbow. I was also stuffed up because of being upset by memories again.

MaNaAk
But you are always going to have them, and they will go with you wherever you go.
I have very little left of my late parents now, and I adored and cared for them both, because I have come to realise that the momories of the sunny holidays when we were kids and the like, are far more valuable than personal effects, although I do stil have a few.

My invisibles took anything they wanted- it really didnt matter, I had the happy memories, and they could never have taken them

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Good morning @MaNaAk . I think there will always be times when we are awake fretting. I admit I was awake most of the night too. I've been asked to see my mum for the first time since March, which has to be an outdoor walk with a carer, with mask and gloves. No way of knowing how it will go (visits can be tricky at the best of times) and stupid to worry about it but it's very difficult to control our feelings in the early hours.

Probably best to read or listen to some music if you can't sleep. I have Paul McKenna's "I Can Make You Sleep" which is pretty good. My Husband listens to recordings of thunderstorms if he can't sleep, which sometimes works for him. Your therapist might have some advice about that.

I hope you have a good day.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hi MaNaAk i was here at 6am. i have been dosing since 4am. did see you had logged in and thought you were up early. i have good nights and bad nights so have to run with it. i find the worse thing to do is lay there saying i cant sleep got to sleep. it then starts as a tussle so i admit defeat and get up. give it an hour or so and im asleep on the settee. try not to stimulate the brain. i used to have a relaxation tape that i played with headphones and i never got to the end of it. it was simple stretching and tightening muscles. cant do it now as get cramp. enjoy your day

yosser

Nov 12, 2020
Shenley Brook End Milton Keynes
hi MaNaAk i was here at 6am. i have been dosing since 4am. did see you had logged in and thought you were up early. i have good nights and bad nights so have to run with it. i find the worse thing to do is lay there saying i cant sleep got to sleep. it then starts as a tussle so i admit defeat and get up. give it an hour or so and im asleep on the settee. try not to stimulate the brain. i used to have a relaxation tape that i played with headphones and i never got to the end of it. it was simple stretching and tightening muscles. cant do it now as get cramp. enjoy your day

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
welcome yosser. sorry if it was a bit of an essay. im actually awake a lot of the time as im in a lot of pain with sciatic nerve so dont get comfortable whichever way i lie. 6am is not bad for me. i turn the laptop off at 10pm and i am an avid reader and listener to music. i read for an hour before bed and take painkillers before bed too. it doesnt matter what you do if you have chronic pain you have it before going to sleep and when you wake up. it wakes me up in between

yosser

Nov 12, 2020
Shenley Brook End Milton Keynes
welcome yosser. sorry if it was a bit of an essay. im actually awake a lot of the time as im in a lot of pain with sciatic nerve so dont get comfortable whichever way i lie. 6am is not bad for me. i turn the laptop off at 10pm and i am an avid reader and listener to music. i read for an hour before bed and take painkillers before bed too. it doesnt matter what you do if you have chronic pain you have it before going to sleep and when you wake up. it wakes me up in between