No Power of Attorney

jarnee

Mar 18, 2006
leicestershire
Hi

I haven't got power of attorney for dad. He certainly would not understand anything he signed anymore.

I am not worried about direct debits as insurance companies etc have been very helpful and just let me take over the direct debits. I have also managed to persuade the post office to redirect the post, and the pensions service to allow me to be appointee. But what about other things, like changing his address at te bank etc etc.

Any advice on how I can do these sorts of things without his signature or POA will be gratefully received

Thanks

Jarnee

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Jarnee,
Look at the thread " Sorting out money matters- where to get help", particularly at what Michael had to say.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Jarnee I have just put a pos in it so it will come up as a new post.
Amy

jarnee

Mar 18, 2006
leicestershire
Found it !!!!!

Thanks, both of you. Looks like I will take Michael's advice and go ahead anyway....after all, I have nothing to lose

Cheers

jarnee
X

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Jarnee, as you say, "you have nothing to lose".

With this desease I have found, "soonest is best". With that in mind, do what you feel is best.

Come back whan you need more advice, love

Blue_Gremlin

Mar 15, 2006
Morecambe, UK
Jarnee,

I was where you are not so long back and I know what you are going through, so if you need to talk just message me.

Good luck

*hug*

Blue_Gremlin

maria29al

Mar 15, 2006
Warwickshire
Hi.
Both my folks were too ill to understand PoA once we realised it was necessary so I applied to a solicitor, who in turn has applied to the Court for Court of Protection on medical grounds. The solicitor will be given PoA instead of family due to Mum and Dad not being able to give consent due to their conditions. I find this situation to be the best as she will sort Direct Debits etc but give me some money for Mum each week. It takes away all the headache of dealing with it yourself but allows you some control. I am sure it wouldnt be suitable for everyone, but works in my situation.

Hugs

M
x