No Pig Should be Without a Copy!

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

'The Selfish Pig's Guide to Caring' by Hugh Marriott on ISBN No 09544233-1-3. Available on Amazon who have loads of second hand copies as well. Do yourself a favour and buy one...!!

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Just have Jude. Will be waiting on postman now.
Poor postman, I think he hates coming here. I always open the door in a manic panic with pieces of toast stuck to my hair shouting back to mum,
"I'll be back in a minute, don't move!"
It never varies. He thinks I'm mental. I feel like shouting,
"I'm a carer!!" as explanation.
But only another carer would understand that particular brand of waspish wit.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic,

You have to yell 'I'M A CARER' in extremely loud block caps. Never ever, use the word 'just' either.....!

Wait for the book.... No more Ms Nice Person after that!

Jude xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear all, it's a brilliant book, so pleased you are getting it, makes you laugh, makes you think, makes you feel you are not alone!! Love, She. XX

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
hey why are the pigs getting such a bad press
they arent all selfish, some of my best friends are pigs

DAISY the cow

mooooo !!

:O)

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Ted,

After 10 months of Talking Point I have to agree. Perhaps TP also stands for Talking Pigs? Nothing wrong with pigs at all. I like them.

Jude

C

Chesca

Dear Ted

Some of my friends are pigs, too. They just don't know it!

Chesca

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Thanks guys, you cheered up my monday no end already
have also put in an order for this book, not sure if Dad will see the funny side, but I'll give it a go.

Hope no one gets offended by all the animals I bring to this forum, but they are the only other creatures who understand me and my warped sense of humour, wtihout them I would have cracked up long time ago

cheers
TED

Going to the Tea Room to see if anyone seen Daisy, funny how no one offers to make tea in there.....

C

Chesca

Percy, this calls for apple sauce all round! Get your wallet out!

Chesca

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
No pig should be without a copy

Dear Sheila

It's either a Pow or a Cig depending on which is the male and female.

Dear Jude

I've ordered a copy too, hope you are on commission.

Cheers Barraf

C

Chesca

Barraf

You get a cig, and I've set fire to at least 20 today.

Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Have received Pig today. Chapter on burnout describles exactly what I'm feeling at present, no pleasure in anything, not sleeping and having huge wracking sobs. Think it's time I got some extra help. Have at least organised extra sitter session per week as mum is not fit for daycare etc. That's 3 days of 4 hour sits. It's something I suppose.

Finding it rather embarrassing now when people keep asking me if my family couldn't help out, then give me chapter and verse about how supportive theirs would be if they were in my position. I used to think that too. Have to have a bit of a snigger as I watch their smug little faces. Let's hope they never find out for themselves just how supportive the old family network can be, eh folks?

Last edited:

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Magic, so pleased to hear you' ve got some help laid on. Keep reading the book, it's not all doom and gloom, had me in fits of laughter at times too. What you said about people saying they know their situation would be different etc. They just don't know till you've walked the walk and talked the talk like us do they!! Love She. XX