No Pig Should be Without a Copy!

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
DEAR ALL,thanks for the reply shelia i understand what you are saying and i am going to give it some more thought but at the moment i feel very much like magic does. I seem to get to what i think is the end of my tether and then from out of nowhere ifind the strength to carry on,i know its a long road we are travelling and i think i will know i hope! when its time for a break.
Magic at least you made a desision today and i know exectly how you feel, but at least we still have the fact that we still have choices that we can make and we can decide when to make them.I have always gone with my instincts and gut feelings why change the habits of a lifetime. storm

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Magic and Storm, it's a real toughie this bit isn't it. You want to do the best you can, but the going gets tougher and the road gets so full of obstacles you can't see the wood for the trees. You are both right, it's your choice, I was just the same, I knew when I had to get help in. Do what you feel to be right for you and your families. I always went by my own feeling on a thing, I didn't always get it right mind, but at least you can say "I did it my way". If it all gets too much, the horse and cart should be down your way soon, en route to Chesca's, see you there, hear she has some real culinary surprises ready for us!! Lotsaluv, She. XX

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Girls we all live life through our guts and anytime I've went against a gut instinct I have ended up in deep do-do. It's just not time for me, mum is mine and dad's wee heartbeat, I want her here for as long as I can have her.

For respite, my sister can come and stay with mum and dad for a weekend and I will go away with my fiance, 10 years without a holiday is a long time. I think I could manage a weekend without too much panic. Will give the kin a chance to see just how hard it is.

The water tank in the ceiling has just burst and I am sitting here with water pouring through the roof, don't really care anymore!

Excuse me while I just man a lifeboat. Shall continue to fiddle in Titanic fashion. My heart will go on!

C

Chesca

Pinch me somebody, if this is a dream. But have I just seen what I thought I saw? Is there a horse and cart drawing nigh loaded down with one Sheila (no, not you Jude, this is a real Sheila) clutching a bottle of Panamanian papaya liquer donated by her son, Jude weaving rice mats, or should that be cakes?, Norman, a brown frog, Storm discussing tactics with a welly boot clad lifeboatman brought on board by Magic and....the fiancee, and Harry Belafonte with a bunch of banyanas? Not to mention a couple of flock boxes, sleeping for the use of.

Well, what a wingding we're in for? Anyone for mini pancakes and banana melange a al caramel sauce?

Thank the lord the handcart has arrived just in time for tomorrow's visit to the pawnshop. We'll be quids in!

Magic news from the Magic. Any tips for a knackered horse apart from the 'yard'.

See the lorraya at the do!
Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Chesca,

Well we can hardly eat it, or we won't get home again.......!

I am busy planning the Great Escape. Am into my 5th month of full time 24/7 and the alarm bells are clanging dangerously. Enough is enough. I must have a far shorter fuse than you guys I know - but there comes a point where I actually cannot function any further and become a hinderance rather than a help. No good for anyone in that frame of mind, I'm afraid.

If it was just Mum then I think I could keep going much longer, but my father and I have always had a fairly short use-by date when inhabiting the same space. He is becoming pretty snappy and abusive - so I think it's time to go and let Carole and Glyn take over again for a while.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
This knackered horse has been swabbing the decks all night, carpets soaked through, ceiling cracked, mother demented, and we may have to go to nearest supermarket as a family outing to use the highly glamourous rest room before dashing plumber arrives. (He looks like Shrek!) Toilets here out of order. Cancel the lactalose!!!!

I must admit life is rosy.

Sure where would you get it?

A soggy Magic reporting from Waterworld.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic,

Crickey....... You'll all have to move in the Respite home. You need this like you need a hole in the head. Claim on your insurance and perhaps you can get new carpets and all sorts of other stuff. What was the tune of the moment - 'Singing in the Rain?' Mind you, I don't suppose you've had a lot of time or the inclination to sing with all this upheaval.

Hope the plumber arrives soon. What is [a] Shrek, by the way?

Jude

PS; I've posted you several pairs of flippers!

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
hi all,oh magic what i would give to be in water world with you but i am standing outside in the rain waiting for this horse and cart goodness knows what time we will arrive at yours and the sarnies i packed are now soggy.Right back to what i came on here for,i was sitting out side in the rain having a ciggi i know its bad for me when i suddenly realised how lucky i am.Some of you guys have got it so much harder then me like you magic you not only have A/D to contend with but your poor mums medical problems, then brucie and norman it must be so much harder when its your partner who is suffering,then theres those of you whos sleep is disruptered and you have to deal with anger and violence from people you care for.Ok i have to cope with being tied 24/7 and mum is totally dependent on me but she eats and sleeps well and only gets angry with the tv and sometimes with my hubby but she seems happy mostly in her world of A/D.so well done allyou folks and for today im happy. luv storm

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Storm and Jude, plumber has gone and have found one toilet is still not working and nor are the cold water taps. Who cares? Have just had huge box of liquorice allsorts so totally hyper with E numbers.

Jude, Shrek is a cartoon character, and a rather unattractive one at that. We're really going to have to give you a better education in the world of entertainment! Sorry you're having such a bad time. It's swings and roundabouts in this caring lark.

Storm, that's a lovely way to think but your problems are no less than everyone else here, we are all surviving at different levels of this illness the best we can. Some of us are near the end of this horror (though the pain will always be there) some are in limbo and some are at an intermediate level, but all of us are doing our best in our own worlds. We are sad, lonely, frightened and fatigued, and it bands us all together. We can cry here and we can laugh, a psychologist once told me that having a sense of humour indicates good mental health. I chose to believe him.

We're all still standing. Some of us rather soggily!

Last edited:

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi all,Jude are you sure you are on the planet earth? you dont know Ronan, Shrek you will be telling us next youve never heard of David Essex.Magic i think i love you ,you old doet.I have just recieved my copy of selfish pigs i swear this man has been hiding under my bed watching the things i do i cant believe the grasp hes got on this caring lark, the only problem is i keep looking at mum and wanting to call her piglet but i am to scared of what she might do to me! storm

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Magic
was it wise to eat all those allsorts?
Is the toilet working? If not see if the horse driver has a commode on the cart,pronto.
Who's David Essex?
I s he anything to do with Essex girls?
Any body see the programme about Gricie Fields?
Tara Norman

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
yes, I caught parts of the Gracie Fields programme. Interesting, but I wasn't much struck by her Anglicised version of "Volare".

The film with the dancing sequence [and the extra arm] was quite funny, though I have to say I'm not a great fan of the underwear of the time....

C

Chesca

Norm
Bruce means he's been looking at the Fredericks catalogue again!
Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Norman, no it wasn't a good idea to eat all those allsorts, my stomach is still making noises and when I looked in the mirror this morning I saw a definite resemblance to Bertie Bassatt!

Plumber came again this morning at 7.30am am I destined my entire life to never get a lie in? All fixed now but have very soggy carpets, any tips on how to dry them out quickly?

For the benefit of Jude, Bertie Bassatt is a man made up from Liquorice Allsorts (let's face it you were going to ask!)

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Magic,

Well yes, actually........

I DO know who David Essex is/was? Nothing wrong with my memory - just a very large 30 year cultural blank between 1974 and 2004.

Drying out carpets is a mega pain. Newspapers to soak up the gloop first and then towels, followed by central heating at 40 degrees - that's if there is any water in the radiators. You need to raise the carpets a bit first as well to ensure air flow under and over. What a hassle......! If all else fails, get the professionals in to help.

Good luck with this...... sounds like a nightmare.

Jude

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Thanks Jude, didn't even think about the water in the radiators bit, was afraid to turn heat on last night and it was a cold one here. Just using electric fires.

Really ready for the madhouse now, there's only so much a person can take. The physical exhaustion at the moment is unbelievable, feel like someone is kicking my neck and shoulders. Won't moan anymore you're all probably feeling the same. Think TP might stand for Tortured People!

C

Chesca

.............and after the newspapers and other muck from the wet water, the carpets are dried out, you will then need to steam clean them, followed by a drying out session, followed by a quick hoovering and combing to ensure all tufts are tufted, followed by a spray of waterproofing, dried with the hair dryer while you go and buy a rubber plant which should survive magnificently in the humid conditions. Have a rest somewhere in between.......but not for too long, mind.

Failing that set fire to the house and trust the insurance covers you all for temporary accomodation in a 5 star hotel with staff who look prettier than Shrek.

You're not moaning, you're letting off steam! These days I don't have on my plate anywhere near as much as you do, but then, you were always a little glutton. You must be absolutely knacked. Just wish I was there to give a hand.

Chesca