No one to tell

Whocares

Mar 18, 2006
Today my boy got his A Level results and it really brought home to me that I had no one to tell. My Ma would have been so proud,and my Dad would have said Ooooohh. The first in our family,ever, he's off to Liverpool to study Chemistry,

J

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Whocares said:
Today my boy got his A Level results and it really brought home to me that I had no one to tell. My Ma would have been so proud,and my Dad would have said Ooooohh. The first in our family,ever, he's off to Liverpool to study Chemistry,

J
Hi
Hey.....you've just told us all on here!!!!!
congratulations to you and your son as well!
Seriously....I remember going through the same emotions last year when my son got his GCSE results.....my dad had died 6 months earlier and he would have been so proud.....I told mum but it no longer meant anything......it kinda takes the edge of your own excitement doesn't it.....
My son got his AS results today....all Cs....ok ...but he was a bit disappointed and thinks he will retake some......he did better than I did....I stopped at O levels!!
take care

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done to your son.

So sorry your parents are unable to share your joy, but you and your son know how proud they would have been.

I hope he enjoys Liverpool and does really well

Grannie G

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
Congratulations!

Congratulations to your son, and best wishes for him when he goes to Liverpool.

It's terribly sad though when we can't share it with the people we would have wanted to make proud.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Whocares said:

J

My son got his A Level results today as well! He got 1 A and 3 Bs and he's off to York to study Politics and English.

I live in Liverpool by the way! You don't live in York do you, 'cos we could so some kind of exchange if you do!

My son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 2 years ago while he was sitting his GCSEs so I am especially proud of him. He has had 3 years of exams while dealing with the implications of a long term chronic disease. Also 5 months after his diagnosis my dad died and my mum went into residential care. I am amazed at how he has coped with it all, especially as he was very close to my mum and dad.

I know what you mean though. It would have been lovely to share it with my mum and dad but my dad has now died and, although I will tell my mum, I doubt if she will know what I am on about.

If your son is going to be studying Chemistry (don't they say 'reading' on 'University Challenge'?) then I bet he is extremely clever and you must be so proud.

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Whocares and noelphobic

Well done to your sons, excellent results for them both after all their hard work.

I, too, understand exactly that you have no-one to tell, it hurts!

Our daughter is getting married 4 weeks tomorrow and she is sad that her Grandad has died and her Nanna has AD, so neither of them will be there, they were such an important part of her life, Mum still is even though she no longer recognises us.

I am sure Dad will "be there" in spirit but the doctor is adamant that it would be a bad idea for Mum to be involved, I see his point, but it seems sneaky to have a wedding and not have her there.

I suspect tears of joy and happiness will flow on the 16th!

Good luck to the young men at university.

Kathleen
x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
My daughter Marisa also got her A level.

She told me I was embarrassing her because I was telling every one that I bump to even when i went to the doctors with her to pick up her appreciation forum for her passport , but then that what mum our for !

Why I am extra please is because Marisa was expelled from the school that Tony Blaire daughter go to sacret heart in Hammersmith and went to a centre.

They did not officially expel her because they did not want it to be show on the report that offsead (sp) see.

Now I understand why who wants to read in the paper that a pupil from a school that Tony blare daughter go to got expel because they found weed in a pupil pocket.

Mother was in grief from father death spilt up with husband grandmother pre AD, so daughter was mixing with the wrong crowed

In addition, to my defence my other daughter Marie 22 went to that school before Tony Blaire daughter & did not get expelled is going to be a social worker .

And Marisa ! is taking a gap year going to university in 07 to study crime lol and to became a police woman .

Whocares

Mar 18, 2006
Thanks to all for your kind comments and wishes,. I am really proud of him and have told alot of people, I just meant the reflected glory of Mum or Dad telling their friend in a "thats my boy" kind of way especially Liverpool University not only is it a fabulous place with an excelent reputation but Mum and Dad born and raised in Liverpool and came south in in early sixties.

J

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
After Dad died Mum was given a card with the following. I often read it and think of him but also read it from my Aunts perspective - still in this world but cocooned within the AD shell, however most of it seems appropriate.

Death is nothing at all, I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familar name, speak to me in the easy way which you always used. Put no difference in your tone, wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect, without a trace of shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner. All is well.

"...speak to me in the easy way which you always used." - that's the bit isn't it?

Don't be afraid to tell them the wonderful news, they are still with you, within you. I "tell" Dad all sorts of news - ok so if it's out loud I make sure there are no white coats around waiting to whisk me away - or I tell Aunty - whether she comprehends is impossible to know. Usually I speak with my thoughts - it still hurts like hell but maybe thats part of the "time will heal" process?

To you both and all others in a similar situation, send your children hearty congratulations and good wishes for a future full of excitement. Tell them to live a full and rewarding life as those you now miss would have wanted.

x