No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hiya everyone.

For those of you following the news, I've just spoken to the hospital again just now. No operation today. He has eaten a salad. I'll hopefully go and visit tomorrow. Wanna go today but have to watch funds. What else is new ;)

Seems as if they are noticing his confusion, now. Dunno whether that's good or bad! No more news. I'll just put it out as I get it. Thanks so much for everyone's support through this. I cannot do the DNR thing as I've already said elsewhere. That's not my call.

Just remember this: we might be down right now, but we ain't out, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hiya everyone.

For those of you following the news, I've just spoken to the hospital again just now. No operation today. He has eaten a salad. I'll hopefully go and visit tomorrow. Wanna go today but have to watch funds. What else is new ;)

Seems as if they are noticing his confusion, now. Dunno whether that's good or bad! No more news. I'll just put it out as I get it. Thanks so much for everyone's support through this. I cannot do the DNR thing as I've already said elsewhere. That's not my call.

Just remember this: we might be down right now, but we ain't out, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good woman. As I said before DLTBGYD: sing along now 'We shall overcome ..... It's great that you have started your own Thread we need a direct line to you at this time..

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Thinking of you both Chuggs.

I was asked about the DNR thing when Bill was in hospital last week. It's hard. They called it advanced care plan but it was the same thing. (Patsy - DNR is do not resuscitate.)

I'm glad you've started your own thread.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Wishing you good vibes and wishes chugs....keep on chugging along , we are here alongside.:)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Good woman. As I said before DLTBGYD: sing along now 'We shall overcome ..... It's great that you have started your own Thread we need a direct line to you at this time..

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha! Do you know what? I had to look that up! Bit late mate, they did that many years ago. But hey, I'm still here to talk about it, xxxxxxxxx

Never look too far into the future is my motto at the moment. Does that mean I shouldn't tell you we might all be in for some rough weather today? Anyone fancy a light show? Go outside and look up, then, and take a camera with you ;) Could be some good lightning around from about now, onwards :D

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Thinking of you both Chuggs.

I was asked about the DNR thing when Bill was in hospital last week. It's hard. They called it advanced care plan but it was the same thing. (Patsy - DNR is do not resuscitate.)

I'm glad you've started your own thread.

It's more than hard, Izzy, it's impossible. My name is not God Almighty. Only He can give or take life. Not me!

Love to you, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
It's more than hard, Izzy, it's impossible. My name is not God Almighty. Only He can give or take life. Not me!

Love to you, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I look on a DNR the other way. If there is a DNR then the person dies when they are supposed to die not when the Dr says.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Maggie; good to see you here!

Heike, backatcha, xxxxxxxxxx

Cat, almost know the feeling and I believe those words.

Kjn; thank you so much :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I look on a DNR the other way. If there is a DNR then the person dies when they are supposed to die not when the Dr says.

Trouble is, Cat, they were talking about putting him on some machine if anything happened during the operation. How am I supposed to know? I don't. I just dont...I'm not even a doctor. If doctors still go by the Hippocratic Oath, that should tell them what they need to know, shouldn't it?

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Trouble is, Cat, they were talking about putting him on some machine if anything happened during the operation. How am I supposed to know? I don't. I just dont...I'm not even a doctor. If doctors still go by the Hippocratic Oath, that should tell them what they need to know, shouldn't it?

Do you know what he would have wanted for himself?

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Do you know what he would have wanted for himself?

He never attempted to tell me. But hewas always very secretive, Cat. He once "assured/informed" me that he had donated his body to science. I asked him for the proof and he couldn't produce it.

He doesn't even believe in paying for a funeral. He'd rather bury me, or be buried in our back garden. That just cannot happen, and he could never be reasoned with, even before the dementia.