No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Chuggalug I've been away from TP for a little while so just been catching up with all that's been going on, so sorry you've had all this to contend with. Hope things progress smoothly now. Whilst your husband is in hospital can't you ask for a full assessment of his mental health so that you have a diagnosis and can then start to get the help that you need? Take care of yourself, big hug. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I would have thought it was very counterproductive to keep the catheter in any longer than needed Chuggs because of the increased risk of UTI and the negative effect this can have on dementia sufferers.
Glad you got your mower ordered, sorry for the long wait though. Have a good night!!:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I actually mentioned this site to the nurse and how we all knew this was one of the complications, Es. He's making good use of the catheter (!) and doesn't seem to be any the worse for wear. I'd ask to get him released from the thing by now, and get up and walking. Not bed-blocking!

Morning :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Chuggalug I've been away from TP for a little while so just been catching up with all that's been going on, so sorry you've had all this to contend with. Hope things progress smoothly now. Whilst your husband is in hospital can't you ask for a full assessment of his mental health so that you have a diagnosis and can then start to get the help that you need? Take care of yourself, big hug. x

Jinx, I spoke to someone about that last week and asked for them to document what they're noticing. Thanks love. How are you?

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Ask for a referral to the mental health team. They should find it easier while he is still in hospital as they can fit him in when they like.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Jinx, I spoke to someone about that last week and asked for them to document what they're noticing. Thanks love. How are you?

I'm OK thanks, things sliding slowly downhill with OH but we carry on. I was only thinking that when Bernard was in hospital after a very steep decline I asked/demanded that he be properly medically assessed for his capacity, I also got the hospital social worker involved and OT. I admit I was terrified because of the sudden change in him and couldn't imagine how I was going to cope at home without help, and carry on working. Upshot was that I was told he needed 24/7 supervision and then things started to fall into place with care package etc. You're already suffering a lot of pain and if you've got to try and support your OH if he's not too steady on his feet to start with that's going to take its toll on you. Make your point loud and clear while you've got an audience in hospital. Sorry off my soapbox now but very concerned for you. x

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Oh Jinx! Ya oughta see what I'm up to today. My hands are gonna be as dead as doorstops when I've finished. Trying to clean all the built in kitchen furniture while hubby's away. So much grime to scrub away, and tons of rubbish to chuck out. I asked for it, going in there with grit and determination, hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Really needs doing, tho'. Wonder how we haven't got sick with the place in that condition...

Thanks for your message, my dear.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Go for it Chuggs. What have you got to lose? You need all the support you can get.

Thanks Paul. I'm just biding my time, not making a noise, waiting to see what they tell me when he's due to leave hospital. I'll be asking whether they complimented the treatment with documentation on his condition. Then take things from there.

Nearly done the doors/drawers and my poor li'l Sony has suddenly become very quiet. Poor thing needs some more work to do.

Oh Music! Where AAARRRE you? ... lol!

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Don't procrastinate Chuggs. Take the bull by the horns so to speak before its too late and you find yourself back as before husband's hospitalisation. Was all that cleaning therapeutic or just plain tiring? Lots of hugs WIFE

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Wife, just a thing that has to be done! Still got tons to do today...and the stomach bug is on the ward. Can't WAIT for him to bring THAT home with him :(

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Latest

Might be able to sort out a carer to come and sit with hubs when I need to go shopping. Have to suss how that works...

Think they might be prepping to send him home this week...

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Might be able to sort out a carer to come and sit with hubs when I need to go shopping. Have to suss how that works...

Think they might be prepping to send him home this week...

Have they not given you a date yet chuggs? How is he doing and coping with hospital? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Guys, whatever happens, happens. I just hope someone will see sense, although if the staff are going down with it as well, it won't be an obvious thing to be sensible, will it? They'll all be too ill themselves, which is where the mistakes will be made.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951