No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
I love you Chuggs & I have no idea what has happened in the past but I know it has made you very bitter. But Good Lord You are a STUBBORN women.

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Chuggs - why do you say "we can't avoid being a nuisance". Did your husband ask to end up in hospital suffering an operation which might have been the end of him. Why does that make either of you a nuisance. What was the NHS set up for way back in 1947 - to help people in trouble health wise. What is dementia but a health problem - no more or less so than a fractured hip. You are both as worthy of consideration as the next person - probably more so as you have been coping on your own for so long. Please, please plead your case again and see what can be done to assist you both - promise me you will try! WIFE

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Know what rejection is like, chuggs, and the humiliation that goes with it, together with determination that you are not going to bother anyone again but do add my pleas to the others. You really should be having some help now. xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Chuggs - why do you say "we can't avoid being a nuisance". Did your husband ask to end up in hospital suffering an operation which might have been the end of him. Why does that make either of you a nuisance. What was the NHS set up for way back in 1947 - to help people in trouble health wise. What is dementia but a health problem - no more or less so than a fractured hip. You are both as worthy of consideration as the next person - probably more so as you have been coping on your own for so long. Please, please plead your case again and see what can be done to assist you both - promise me you will try! WIFE

Come on now. Enough of this! Enough of this :)

Just got back and he's really in very good nick. Don't know much more than he needs still to be on the catheter, so that's a bit of a blip. He's been up and walking with a frame. We're GETTING cared for NOW, Wife and everyone. It's happening now.

Bit blitzed tonight. Off to grab mower tomorrow. Hope the rain stops!

Evenin' All!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Ok, Ok Chuggs I'm backing off. It's just cos I care.

Lizzy, I know ya do. It's why I also care about what happens to you, and all of you, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just give it time. After this session, if they do document his confusion, at least, then I might have something to work with. But they have to see what I've been trying to tell various people for years. It's the very first time anything has actually been acknowledged as 'not quite right' in all the years he's been ill.

All of you are saying to me exactly what I've been telling the professionals! Let's just see what happens next.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I'm firmly convinced its a post code lottery whether you get any support chuggs. In this area you get none if you are self funding-you disappear off the radar. For those like my husband who refused tests and scans, they obviously have nothing wrong with them is a really good cop out. His medical welfare is looked after but they seem to feel his mental welfare is my problem.
Which has made me somewhat unpopular with the drs and district nurses here because I call them out when I have to guess when things are not right and sometimes I get it wrong.
But I'll keep on doing it because he does not deserve to have his life made even more difficult.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm firmly convinced its a post code lottery whether you get any support chuggs. In this area you get none if you are self funding-you disappear off the radar. For those like my husband who refused tests and scans, they obviously have nothing wrong with them is a really good cop out. His medical welfare is looked after but they seem to feel his mental welfare is my problem.
Which has made me somewhat unpopular with the drs and district nurses here because I call them out when I have to guess when things are not right and sometimes I get it wrong.
But I'll keep on doing it because he does not deserve to have his life made even more difficult.

That's us to a Tee, too. I had to make rather major decisions by finding out what to do over the Internet more than once. Still, we're here to talk about it, ain't we :)

I've got things wrong, too, Bemused, and when I was buying myself a new pair of crutches earlier today, a woman asked me if I couldn't get them free from the hospital. It was all I could do not to laugh, as it always takes me, now. But hey, I think if I can get me own things I need, I then don't owe anybody. The items are truly mine, and I like it that way :)

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
1jay had a catheter and they wouldn't remove it until he had "been"

A cup of prune juice and he "been" then they removed the catheter

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
My blokie's been on the catheter since his operation. They called me to tell me he needed one. Did my 'ead in, that one, as he never had anything wrong before he went in. Mind you, he drinks tea all the time he's awake at home. You don't get so much to drink in hospital, unless you've got a jug of water and a cup beside you, plus the wherewithal to make use of them! I noticed there are no water jugs in his ward, just small water bottles. Dunno whaddup with that! Must cost a fortune to keep a supply in stock...

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Hi Chuggs, friend of a friend went into hospital to have a replacement knee op. She is a nurse and always very involved in knowing about her own care. She was catheterised post op and reckoned it was to save the nurses the trouble of having to do bedpans.
Glad your hubby seems to be getting on ok. Lots of love.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hi Chuggs, friend of a friend went into hospital to have a replacement knee op. She is a nurse and always very involved in knowing about her own care. She was catheterised post op and reckoned it was to save the nurses the trouble of having to do bedpans.
Glad your hubby seems to be getting on ok. Lots of love.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, that really interesting, Es. Would make sense, but it ain't what the doctor told me. He said hubs wasn't making enough 'water'. Mind you, it might have been helpful to them as he's supposed to stay in bed after op, but wouldn't!

Nothing stops him...

A very good morning to everyone. Of for the Big Walk in a few hours! I can get my mower delivered, so that's what I'll do after I've chosen one :)

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Glad things seem to be improving Chuggs.

Regarding catheter - have they said whether hubby's catheter is to be permanent or temporary? I hope it will only be temporary, in which case make sure they remove it and allow enough time to confirm that he is managing without catheter before he comes home. OH was catheterised when in hospital - they told me it would have to be permanent as he had had prostate problems before. I did not question this at the time so I've just had to "do the needful" to keep that going. It is a bit of a chore, especially when there is a malfunction, as you can imagine.

xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Glad things seem to be improving Chuggs.

Regarding catheter - have they said whether hubby's catheter is to be permanent or temporary? I hope it will only be temporary, in which case make sure they remove it and allow enough time to confirm that he is managing without catheter before he comes home. OH was catheterised when in hospital - they told me it would have to be permanent as he had had prostate problems before. I did not question this at the time so I've just had to "do the needful" to keep that going. It is a bit of a chore, especially when there is a malfunction, as you can imagine.

xxx

Ain't heard of that, Lilac Blossom. God help us if we go down THAT road! Just home so feeling a bit slaughtered at present. Fink I won't be moving much tonight!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Glad to hear things might be looking up, chuggs. Fingers crossed. Good luck with the mower.

Hah! When it gets here. Bleddy thing won't arrive for another 9 days from local town. Ya couldn't make it up. Oh well, order blinds next. They'll take a month or more...

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Just popped in to spy on all of ya before I slither off to bed. My, but it's been a looooong day and I'm shattered. Ta muchly for all messages and have a good night, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Ain't heard of that, Lilac Blossom. God help us if we go down THAT road! Just home so feeling a bit slaughtered at present. Fink I won't be moving much tonight!

I would have thought it was very counterproductive to keep the catheter in any longer than needed Chuggs because of the increased risk of UTI and the negative effect this can have on dementia sufferers.
Glad you got your mower ordered, sorry for the long wait though. Have a good night!!:)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katejacko