No more on Chick's thread, time to start my own

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Hope all goes well chuggs and look forward to your news tonight.

Found your thread, Paul. Definitely having a proper read of it tonight. I still owe Wife a PM too.

Ya should have seen it here last night with all the paperwork. I need an industrial shredder!!!

Laters :) Please take care, xxxxxxxxxxxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Sitting here in gale force winds holding you hand for today chuggs

I'm off out in a minute :eek:
But will still be holding your hand and keeping you in my thoughts xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

lizzybean

Feb 3, 2014
Lancashire
So pleased for you Chuggs. Hope everything continues as it should & there are no blips.

Fingers crossed (& more importantly prayers said) for your visit today. I know you are a fiercely independent lady but is there no-one you can ask for a lift?

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
I was thinking the same about the lift to the hospital Lizzybean. We try to be independent for whatever reason but if you don't ask you sure don't get. Wish I was nearer to act as the driver. Hope all going smoothly and as planned Chuggalug and you are not getting too tired - you must look after yourself and your ailments too.
Thinking of you and your husband WIFE

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Haha, Wife; Lizzybean, if I did ask, I'd probably get some funny looks! Good thing I haven't got anyone TO ask, in that case.

Well, I've been there and my presence caused more trouble than it solved, as usual. You'd never believe his operation for a busted hip was less than 24 hours ago as he kept trying to get out of bed the whole time I was there, and a nurse had to come and stand guard. Much as I was telling him to stay put, it was all we could both do to keep him in bed.

Then, the catheter. He keeps trying to rip the dang thing out so he can get up! The conversations I was having yesterday with various doctors put me in mind of trying to treat a dying man. Far from that, he needs to be treated as if he's full of life and impatient to get home, which he is.

Who knows? He could be back here tomorrow! So there's a bit of news I didn't expect. Neither did any of you, didja ;) :D :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Glad he's doing so well Chuggs but how can they send him home without physio etc?

Believe you me, Cat - he won't need it. He's good to go, all on his own. I've never seen anything like it. Mum had both her hips operated on and replaced due to arthritis wrecking them. They couldn't get her going for a few days. My blokie? He can't even remember he's HAD an operation; never mind anything else! Bet you anything, they'll send him back home in a day or two at the most.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
What a man. When I had my first hip replaced I cried for Maureen when I was in recovery. Well who else would I want my mum was too far away? They sent for her straight away and she came to help poor G L feel better. Hope the news continues to be good.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Chuggs you must be very insistent that you cannot manage to look after him without a proper care package. Emphasize your own problems. Hopefully this will happen as a matter of course but sadly at times you have to be very forthright!! Sure you can manage that:D:D:D

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Chuggs you must be very insistent that you cannot manage to look after him without a proper care package. Emphasize your own problems. Hopefully this will happen as a matter of course but sadly at times you have to be very forthright!! Sure you can manage that:D:D:D

Es, I'm done with begging. He's had the operation. Who knows how many thousands of pounds THAT cost? The doctor who called me last night was basically asking for my permission to take him down to theatre again to pop the catheter in. He said he'd sign the form. I've HAD help. I've had a few more day's break from this beast of a disease. I'm totally relaxing tonight. I don't get many shots at relaxing. So I'm taking it to extremes. A good meal, some wine, a film or two and some music later.

My blokie's the one suffering. Not me. I'm the stand-in to hopefully keep him going until the end. What else can I do?

Close to tears. Gotta stop. I love you all, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
What a man. When I had my first hip replaced I cried for Maureen when I was in recovery. Well who else would I want my mum was too far away? They sent for her straight away and she came to help poor G L feel better. Hope the news continues to be good.

"What a man". Oops. That's done it. Crying now. Can't wait to read your thread, Paul, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Es, I'm done with begging. He's had the operation. Who knows how many thousands of pounds THAT cost? The doctor who called me last night was basically asking for my permission to take him down to theatre again to pop the catheter in. He said he'd sign the form. I've HAD help. I've had a few more day's break from this beast of a disease. I'm totally relaxing tonight. I don't get many shots at relaxing. So I'm taking it to extremes. A good meal, some wine, a film or two and some music later.

My blokie's the one suffering. Not me. I'm the stand-in to hopefully keep him going until the end. What else can I do?

Close to tears. Gotta stop. I love you all, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love you too, Chuggs. Glad you're spoiling yourself a bit while you've got the chance. Es
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx