No loo roll in Asda today

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
After having read this thread I looked at the loo roll aisle at Tescos and I can't understand it! Every aisle was okay apart from the loo rolls which was nearly sold out and a note telling us customers to think of others!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
If pubs and restaurants close earlier Sherry will be the first to disappear especially at Xmas time.

MaNaAk

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I shop at Sainsbury on line. Since lockdown I can only book a week ahead. I booked my normal slot on Tuesday after reading about on line slots getting booked up again.

As for the wine Sainsbury's offer is 25% off 6 or more bottles (England only). Naturally I did buy 6 bottles with my shop last Tuesday and have 6 bottles in trolley for this Tuesday. We don't normally buy much wine in this country as we bring a couple of hundred bottles back from France each summer but of course not this year.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
We're also experiencing the great disappearing loo rolls. Plus paper towels (don't know what you call them in the UK). We legitimately had to get some loo roll today. OH does all that, thank goodness, while I relax at the office. He said the line-up was massive but once he got in, he was out in 10 minutes. He wasn't browsing, he had specific items to get and stuck to that. So we're good for another couple of months.

I wonder, though. How much toilet paper can people use? Yes, if it's a household of 6 or 7 but 2 people? My dreaded aunt (who has been calling a lot lately :eek:) goes through twice as much as my husband and I together. I don't dare ask.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i dont drink but the coke gets just as bad have we discovered what a drunkard lot you all are. but can see connection between toilet rolls and wine/sherry. have to stop drinking so you dont need the loo rolls

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
i dont drink but the coke gets just as bad have we discovered what a drunkard lot you all are. but can see connection between toilet rolls and wine/sherry. have to stop drinking so you dont need the loo rolls

Yes that's one answer to it although a friend has just warned me to start Xmas shopping! I hope you're okay today @jennifer1967.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm cutting down on caffeine since I was told that this can make anxiety worse. I also had a problem finding icing sugar during lockdown.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
all my grandchildren are getting money i dont think the adults will but maybe. theres so many of them we will be bankrupt by christmas shopping online will be key i think. i never done it before i couldnt go out but im coverted

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
We call paper towels 'kitchen roll' @Canadian Joanne

Ocado have a £40 minimum delivery 'trolley'. I have a lawyer friend who used to reserve her slots with a bottle of champagne and then often 'forget' to remove it!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
What can I say...

Screenshot_20200925-155401.png

They still have the 12 rolls apparently, but they cost more per roll. I do actually use a lot of loo paper as I a) have IBS and b) take diuretics, so that's a lot of loo visits a day. My next Asda order is on Wednesday - let's see what happens till then! London is on the watch list now, but I still fail to see what another lockdown has to do with toilet paper - it's not like people aren't allowed to shop anymore!

MarleysMum

Sep 17, 2020
It’s ridiculous. You can almost understand it 6 months ago as it was unprecedented times but it soon became clear that stocks were available and the supermarkets have adjusted. And as for Christmas puddings I wish that was my only concern for Christmas. Like many I wish I could have departed friends and family with me at Christmas and that my dad will be well enough to be with me and I’d happily eats beans on toast if that was possible

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
What can I say...

View attachment 63244

They still have the 12 rolls apparently, but they cost more per roll. I do actually use a lot of loo paper as I a) have IBS and b) take diuretics, so that's a lot of loo visits a day. My next Asda order is on Wednesday - let's see what happens till then! London is on the watch list now, but I still fail to see what another lockdown has to do with toilet paper - it's not like people aren't allowed to shop anymore!
im there with the IBS absolute nightmare and lots of loo roll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife