No loo roll in Asda today

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
My husband did some shopping today in Asda and there were no loo rolls in the shop. He then went to Farm Foods where there were 3 packs left so he bought one pack of 12. We already have half a pack but he bought another one so we have 18 loo rolls now that probably last us until almost Christmas. He said the pasta was low too so he bought a large pack and 8 cans of beans plus the other bits that we wanted.

So they have started again. I really hope the shops get a grip of this quickly before we are back where we were in March and April or I will get very cross.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
My local Sainsbury is a bit low on mini magnum ice creams, which is a nuisance with a lady who loves ice cream, but so far so good otherwise. We'll just have to buy newspapers and tear them in strips as my granny used to do.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
cant people behave they cant eat loo roll im doing our online shopping earlier. there is not going to be a famine any time soon. apparently people are looking for christmas puddings and panic buying. just wish they would stop.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
This is the fault of people not supermarkets. I have a very good stockpile, but I've done it over many months. The first one was for Brexit, and it stood me in good stead in March. I have since kept replenishing stocks as and when, never buying loads at once. If everyone did that, nothing would run low - other than in January of next year, when produce won't make it through Kent in time of course. So think about where what you use a lot comes from, like olive oil, and buy an extra, but don't overdo it. God knows how Lidl and Aldi will fare with their imported products! Brexit is a lot more of a threat to our food stocks than another lockdown will be - if nothing else, it will drive up food prices.

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
done my online shopping earlier as the slots are filling up quicker dont like it but have same slot as usual, just had to book further ahead

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I thought someone had added to an old post when I saw the title. Going away tomorrow for 3 nights so I hope someone will leave a loaf of bread on the shelf until I come back.
Really can’t believe it

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I bought a big pack (for me) a couple of weeks ago because they were going a bit cheaper. Luckily I had done the same just before the original loo roll rush!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I book my weekly online delivery as soon as the slots open, which is two weeks in advance, so I always have two on the go. I usually stick random favourites in with the updating done the night before. It's of course annoying to see things unavailable that the next day are available again, but what can you do.

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
I book my weekly online delivery as soon as the slots open, which is two weeks in advance, so I always have two on the go. I usually stick random favourites in with the updating done the night before. It's of course annoying to see things unavailable that the next day are available again, but what can you do.
Me too, I'm 3 weeks in advance with 1 banana keeping the slot open.... I just know that one day I'm going to forget to do the full shop and a Tesco van is going to rock up with one very expensive (minimum basket charge & delivery applied) banana.... In a carrier bag ?

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I am finding slots are getting very short, partly because two Ocado and Morrisons making changes to the suppliers And deliveries.

I was brought up during the war, I will not starve but may have to rely on canned rather than fresh. I have always had a good store cupboard. Living in the country without transport it is a way of life.
Eat what is there is rather than a sudden fancy.
I juggle, as I am now catering for one, I seldom drink and eat vegan/vegetarian/a occasionally fish. If I could get regular slots I would buy every Ten days, but slots are all or nothing.
meeting the minimum can be difficult, Fortunately Humans are adaptable, Carers more so!

during the war we had to register with the grocery shop,
people would swop coupons with each. Of coursE shops had warehouses then, now everything is just in time.
climate change is a bigger that than corvid, like Social care it is pass on like a hot potato!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Me too, I'm 3 weeks in advance with 1 banana keeping the slot open.... I just know that one day I'm going to forget to do the full shop and a Tesco van is going to rock up with one very expensive (minimum basket charge & delivery applied) banana.... In a carrier bag ?
i didnt realise you could do that thanks for that

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am finding slots are getting very short, partly because two Ocado and Morrisons making changes to the suppliers And deliveries.

I was brought up during the war, I will not starve but may have to rely on canned rather than fresh. I have always had a good store cupboard. Living in the country without transport it is a way of life.
Eat what is there is rather than a sudden fancy.
I juggle, as I am now catering for one, I seldom drink and eat vegan/vegetarian/a occasionally fish. If I could get regular slots I would buy every Ten days, but slots are all or nothing.
meeting the minimum can be difficult, Fortunately Humans are adaptable, Carers more so!

during the war we had to register with the grocery shop,
people would swop coupons with each. Of coursE shops had warehouses then, now everything is just in time.
climate change is a bigger that than corvid, like Social care it is pass on like a hot potato!
my husband was brought in the country after the war although rationing went on quite a while after the war ended, they used have a mobile van with groceries used to come along and that was their shop, think there was a bakers and fish. they lived on a farm so the milk came directly from the cow with no pasteurisation and plastic containers. they didnt have an electric until the 50s or heating other than the range in the kitchen and a coal fire

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I'm laughing so much about the banana! I try to get to the minimum amount just so I see that I can get it together, but you're right, a banana would do!

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
My click and collect slot is kept open with a bottle of gin as it comes up as top in my favourites list!

I always book slots three weeks ahead which is as far ahead as I can go with Tesco, dues to my mobility problems I cannot walk around a supermarket so am a bit paranoid about reserving a slot!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband went to sainsburys and they had 1 loaf of bread, 1` packet of pasta and 1 packet of toilet rolls sainsburys have been stopping them as they come through the tills with more than 1 packet but what are people doing. what is it about loo rolls for goodness sake!!! ive got delivery slot and done shopping but what happens if they havent got it.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
my husband went to sainsburys and they had 1 loaf of bread, 1` packet of pasta and 1 packet of toilet rolls sainsburys have been stopping them as they come through the tills with more than 1 packet but what are people doing. what is it about loo rolls for goodness sake!!! ive got delivery slot and done shopping but what happens if they havent got it.

@jennifer1967 My husband went to sainsbury's this morning and he said it was okay. He came back with some mushrooms, a bag of sugar, instant mash and six bottles of wine because there is some kind of offer. He didn't look at the toilet roll aisle so I don't know about that but he did say they were rationing some items.

I am fed up with this already.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@jennifer1967 My husband went to sainsbury's this morning and he said it was okay. He came back with some mushrooms, a bag of sugar, instant mash and six bottles of wine because there is some kind of offer. He didn't look at the toilet roll aisle so I don't know about that but he did say they were rationing some items.

I am fed up with this already.
have i miss something, has there been a complete lockdown all england and i was asleep. southampton has one of the lowest rates and still people panic. has there been a bad stomach bug running around that needs all these loo rolls. next thing will be anti bac wipes and gallons of bleach