No longer alone

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Hi, could I just say how grateful I fell into this site. My mother started to go down hill a year ago, but it took to April last year to be told early dementia. I tried to get a home organised and this was poo hooed, ( I live 50miles away) it was nearer me.
She wanted to stay in her own home with her friends around her............friends I may add who don't visit. Over the months she got dirtier and dirtier, I could clean her or the house, all the time so we got home help in............to cut long story short, the next step is a blister pack with her pills which she doesn't want.

My husband has Parkinson's so he too is slowly going downhill.

I had a nervous breakdown last year and now work reduced hours.

Last edited:

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Hi. And welcome.

I'm so sorry you have so much to cope with. I have not had trouble with pill taking, if I tell Mum the Dr says she has to have them she will take them.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Oh dear Patsy - sounds like you have a lot on your plate. It's good that your mother has at least agreed to a home help - as well as keeping the house clean at least you know there is someone regularly seeing her.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
last night I called mum to see if she was ok. She said she had someone visit today... but she couldn't remember who....after much fishing turned ot to have been community nurse..........I hope he calls me so I can tell him she was not good. Also she just went on and on about how she loved the drive on Saturday.
As I initially said after reading here, I am not alone.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
No, you're not alone. There's a whole army of carers (primary carers, people who aren't primary carers but chip in, people caring at a distance and those living with the cared for) and we're (mostly) all doing our best against crippling, unfair odds.

TP's a wonderful resource for advice and support.

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
No, you're not alone. There's a whole army of carers (primary carers, people who aren't primary carers but chip in, people caring at a distance and those living with the cared for) and we're (mostly) all doing our best against crippling, unfair odds.

TP's a wonderful resource for advice and support.

it is that or should I say it is.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Would you be able to call the community nurse or book a phone consultation with him?

Take care. x

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Mums confusion

I try to get down to NB every three weeks because B isn't good, he took a really funny turn last night/this morning, think it was a minor heart attack and he just refuses to get an ambulance or doctor......anyway mum likes to get a call when I get home. So duly called her and then went into the garden to weed.

She phoned and B picked up phone, she asked if I was home and she had something to ask that she had forgotten, he said would tell me.

I called and said B said she had called to see if I was home, then she started, no I didn't, I knew you were home.....anyway cut long story short, B now wonders if he is going daft. Told him no, she does this all the time.