No internet

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Our internet WiFi has been out of action now for about a month I am at a friends today catching up on emails and things and thought I would let you all know I havent forgotten you!
We have had numerous engineers in and out of the house looking at cabling and looking at the phone exchange and we have bought a new router and open reach are with us again today.

In the meantime I have taken hundreds of photos

:)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Our internet WiFi has been out of action now for about a month I am at a friends today catching up on emails and things and thought I would let you all know I havent forgotten you!
We have had numerous engineers in and out of the house looking at cabling and looking at the phone exchange and we have bought a new router and open reach are with us again today.

In the meantime I have taken hundreds of photos

:)

Nice to hear from you Sarah, I was wondering where you had gone, I hope you get the internet sorted soon I am looking forward to seeing your lovely pics xx

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Looking forward to more from you, Sarah, including some of your wonderful photos.

Isn't IT wonderful, Sarah???

Am sitting here wondering how I get my new gmail email account to "talk" to my Outlook accounts, via IMAP. According to documents looked up on the internet that's a doddle... So why am I still struggling?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Am sitting here wondering how I get my new gmail email account to "talk" to my Outlook accounts, via IMAP. According to documents looked up on the internet that's a doddle... So why am I still struggling?"

First thing to check, have you successfully created a gmail a/c, can you send and receive webwise - www.gmail.com ?

If so try >>>THIS<<<

Personally I would ditch outlook and use >>>THUNDERBIRD<<< instead.

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
Thanks Nitram. I did read the Geek article and have tried to follow it; I'll have another go with your encouragement! I'll also investigate THUNDERBIRD.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you install Thunderbird and fire it up it will say something like do you want a new email a/c or do you want to use an existing one, you choose the latter.

You then enter in email address and password and it says something like found IMAP (or POP) a/c and should download everything.

You can add extra existing, or new, a/cs later if you want to.

If you get a folder 'all mail' in gmail post back and I'll tell you how to sort it out.
Gmail is strange, it does not have separate folders for inbox, sent,...it just has one folder called allmail and then puts a marker against each mail saying which box it is to show in.

It's all controlled under settings|labels in gmail if you want to be adventurous, a common problem is with people deleting emails to the deleted folder and then not emptying the folder. The deleted folder is stored in allmail and if allmail is ticked to show in the client (eg Thunderbird) it can lead to hundreds or thousands of email being shown in the client.

Last edited:

black night

Sep 26, 2014
I've vascular demeñtia can some one help

Hi Sarah. How are u I've been off hear for aa while and I've missed a lot of what's been going on I've not been feeling unwell with my demeñtia and my arthritis I've got to wait 3mounths for to see a roomatoligist I'm falling over a lot more I hope u get this message love Stephen and Teresa

black night

Sep 26, 2014

Hi Sarah Hope u and your family have a good Christmas and new year I hope we will catch up in the new year I've lots to tell u xxxxx

black night

Sep 26, 2014

I am wishing u all on alzimers society a very merry Christmas to you all and I hope that I will catch u al in the new year many thanks to your help .