No idea what to do

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013
To cut this ahort many years ago my Mom asked if we could have a joint bank account in the event anything happened to her she didn't trust my siblings, she was of well mind and knew exactly what she was doing so I agreed. I have no communication with my siblings they are blocked on my phone after many very nasty texts and aphone messages. Mom is now in a care home, and they are driving the staff mad always telling them to ask me for money for birthdays etc and silli things that she doesn't need, when the staff say she needs something then I buy anything Mom needs. Today the Manager has said that they shouldn't be involved as they are driving the staff mad and that I should seek advise, I asked what for but she didn't really explain, is there anything I can do, I'm not sure if she is hinting at solicitors or what she means, but I am worried that the CH will come up with an excuse to move Mom as they have had enough of the siblings, I am also her appointee and I pay the top up, please help, many thanks

pippop1

Apr 8, 2013
I think I would write a letter to the manager of the CH, to be kept on your Mum's file, saying that you are the appointee and all financial matters should go through you. The staff will then feel confident about telling the siblings that they cannot ask for money as there is a letter on file which says this.

Mary9

Dec 12, 2013
Hi, and thanks for your reply. I will definately give that a go, although they are aware of things perhaps having in writing is more final, take are :)