No Going Back. . .

DeBlonde

Jan 23, 2019
And the Risperidone has been increased again. . . now one tablet twice a day. Hopefully this will help as the hallucinations have become worse than they were two weeks ago. I have to say that the GP has been excellent through this and had sent the prescription to the chemist for carer to collect before we'd finished our phone conversation.

Lets see what this week brings. . .

DeBlonde

Jan 23, 2019
Good Morning! Another update. . .
We seemed to have moved on from the hallucinations, thank goodness but have had to increase the carer visits to three a day and a shopping call once a week. Over lock down Mum became very reluctant to go into the village for her shopping, totally understandable in my view! She found the whole situation with masks and directional arrows etc overwhelming even though she was accompanied by her Carer, so the Carer goes alone now. The Carer reheats Mum's lunch for her every day, so we're hoping this will help with her weight gain.

More recently Mum has become more depressed, she refuses to get up in the mornings and can quite often still be in her night clothes at lunchtime. The slightest upset will see her go back to bed, where she'll stay for the afternoon, fortunately this doesn't affect her sleeping at night. Unplanned visitors have found her like this, and this has upset them and led to concerned phone calls to me asking after her well being. The CPN has visited and we are waiting on his advice. He has recently increased her Donepezil to 10mg, but I think we'll need to wait to see if it has a good effect. No nasty side effects though, which is good.

Let's hope we hear from the CPN by the weekend. :)

DeBlonde

Jan 23, 2019
Another Update. . .
Mum has deteriorated again. not eating (losing weight) or drinking enough, unsteady on her feet, increased falls,
continence issues and now depending more on family members to help all despite increased care package. We have been very fortunate to have been offered a place at a beautiful care home near to where she lives. It is a small, quiet place with a good CQC rating. The room is a garden room but needs some work before Mum can move in, so we're hoping Mid January. I have spoken to the Manager and she has said to call her next Wednesday and she will make plans to visit Mum and do a COVID test.

Mum receives Attendance Allowance and is exempt from Paying Council Tax on her house, which will be put on the market once we're sure she's settled. Will she still get AA at the Care Home? As far as Council Tax exemption is concerned I'll need to check.

Any other words of wisdom?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@DeBlonde, glad you've found a nice care home for your mum, a newly decorated garden room sounds lovely. I do think there comes a stage when a care home is the best option, hard though it is to realise that is what is needed.

DeBlonde

Jan 23, 2019
Hopefully Mum will move either Tuesday or Wednesday next week. We seem to be on top of most things. Have labelled all of her clothes with SnappyTags but was wondering about labelling socks? Any ideas? The SnappyTags I
have won't work in socks. I thought I might use some embroidery thread to mark her socks (just a half a dozen stitches on the top of the sock in the same colour) What do you think?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
it would work if you tell the staff doing the washing thats what youve done. make the thread very contrasting from the colour of sock as they deal with so many socks it might get lost. would initials be any good?

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
it would work if you tell the staff doing the washing thats what youve done. make the thread very contrasting from the colour of sock as they deal with so many socks it might get lost. would initials be any good?
I vote with Jennifer!
Capitals are easier to do than lower case!
Give the initials a go!
The socks will most likely be beamed up by scotty, never to return to our planet, but when that happens you will be in full knowledge ‘ It wasn’t my fault’!

( oh silly me ! The most likely outcome is that ONE of the pair of socks
disappears !) Leaving an odd sock no good to man nor beast!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I vote with Jennifer!
Capitals are easier to do than lower case!
Give the initials a go!
The socks will most likely be beamed up by scotty, never to return to our planet, but when that happens you will be in full knowledge ‘ It wasn’t my fault’!

( oh silly me ! The most likely outcome is that ONE of the pair of socks
disappears !) Leaving an odd sock no good to man nor beast!
yes but if you have 2 odd socks, youve got a pair of odd socks

DeBlonde

Jan 23, 2019
Mum went into the Care Home today. Will call her shortly and se how she is. The manager asked if there was a DNR,
My sister seems to think there was one, but where would I find it? Do I need to contact Mum's GP? Surely a DNR would be kept at Mums house? Thank you if you're able to help :)

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Mum went into the Care Home today. Will call her shortly and se how she is. The manager asked if there was a DNR,
My sister seems to think there was one, but where would I find it? Do I need to contact Mum's GP? Surely a DNR would be kept at Mums house? Thank you if you're able to help :)
Look in fridge for a plastic container.
Look on the front door as you exit for a green cross sticker.
If you can’t see either it may be easier for you just ask the home to arrange a new one.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
image.jpg

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I also observe the hospital ignored her ‘ proper one’ and did one of their own.
( so she has two now)
It is not a time consuming or difficult document for the professionals to create.
Do not allow it to cause you any stress at all.