No energy?

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
thanks Grannie G- I did ! 10 days ago! He's happy because Eric's MMSE score is still 29! I mentioned his lethargy/lack of mobility and he shrugged his shoulders and said " Hmm-but he hasn't got age on his side" He's only 71 and before this was fit and well-golfing 3 times weekly/doing charity concerts with the piano/always ready for a party. But -a big but- that visit to the consultant had been uppermost in Eric's mind because he thought if he "passed the tests" he would drive again-consultant told him it would probably not happen-could be a result of that . Yet he doesn't remember going to hospital!(He says) I FEEL things are accelerating but I don't KNOW. That's the frustration, isn't it -because we never know and can't predict and I keep thinking-"maybe he'll be better tomorrow"

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
BeckyJan that's interesting! Eric will say "what can I do to help?" or " Iwish I could help but I've got a pain ....(somewhere) or I'd do the garden but it's too wet/cold /windy etc. He either doesn't want to (ok) or can't-it's an interesting point for discussion. And I've found that gentle encouragement throught to gentle bullying doesn't work!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The more I read these posts, the more I think it must be the illness. I can identify with so much.

BeckyJan
Dhiren reads;

• the Observer Book of Genius
    David Beckham`s Biography
    Books on Hinduism and Sikhism
Each time he reads them it`s as if he has just discovered them.

Gigi
Dhiren says;

• I`ll start walking again, tomorrow
    I`ll help you tomorrow
    Let`s go out tomorrow

He has always asked what tomorrows plans are. I have always tried to give him something to look forwards to. Then I got fed up, so said we wouldn`t be doing anything tomorrow. And he said `Good, We can have a nice relaxing day.`

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
oh Sylvia!I wish I had a pound for the number of times over the last few nonths when eric has said " I'd like to take you out to lunch sometime(he can't drive) or " what's on the agenda for tomorrow" or "who's coming tomorrow"- I just feel that all he wants is me here with him because I am his security. Saw the solicitor today and am registering EPA( another hassle)but even he says don't give up work. Spoke to my boss today and he is very understanding and doesn't want to lose me but says it's my decision-he is wiiling to let me cut my hours again. I only know-much as I love my work-it is a demanding job-and I feel happier when I am in control-ie; I can be here and Eric is the priority and I'm not torn between work and home. HELP

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Gigi, as you seem to have such an understanding boss, could you ask for 3 months leave of absence, to see how it goes?

P.S. Or even one month.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sylvia- I don't think i can do that. I wish i could. It's a wonderful idea but I think in my line of work it's not practical. I do value your opinion but .... not sure about this pm thing-could i send you a pm?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Of course you can. Just click on my name [Grannie G] on this post and a drop down will show you how to send a private message.

germain

Jul 7, 2007
Good morning ,

Our Mum (when scores were around 25) started to live in one armchair- everything was too much trouble, even tho' she'd verbally join in with planning activities, shopping etc.

Eventually she even stopped feeding her little dog and didn't get up to go to the loo. gave up the pretence of reading or TV viewing. We had a difficult month or so as she firstly presented as just becoming b**** lazy ! She spent much of her time dozing and if challenged would pretend to be asleep - a form of coping we think now - and with hindsight this was just how her AZ was progressing.
Yes, I think it was very much part of the progression for us. However we kept up the pretence of activity with her for a long time - it gave us all something to talk about/discuss with her and I think in some way she genuinely believed she was still active.

Regards
Germain

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzieMK27