No common sense

Lancashirelady

Oct 7, 2014
My Mum's GP knows her history, knows she has meds delivered in a dosette box and administered by her carers, knows she can't see to read, knows she loses everything, knows I am her next of kin and has my address and phone number. So can anyone tell me why he sent her a letter with a prescription attached for some new meds and a comment to get in touch with the surgery if they caused her constipation? It's only for iron tablets but that's not the point. The letter is postmarked last week and I've only just found it.Grrr.........

Lancashirelady

Oct 7, 2014
if the GP had used some common sense to start with instead of listening to the computer and ticking boxes he'd have given Mum some iron tablets 5 weeks ago instead of referring her immediately to hospital for possible bowel cancer. Mum had a CT scan last week and I was gobsmacked to see how every patient in radiology was elderly, all drinking jugs of water ready for an abdominal scan. No wonder the NHS is skint.

flossielime

May 8, 2014
My dad was called by the gp practice to pick up his sleeping tablet prescription. They first I knew of it was spotting the half empty box. They knew he had AD. I complained and the manger said as an apology I could now pre book appointments for dad. Usually they have the system you have to call on the day. So nice to have the pre book option but I raise my eyebrows that there is a secret special list of people with the opportunity to pre book whilst the other plebs hang in the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Ha! Our surgery, knowing he has dementia, CALLED him on his mobile to tell him that following a blood test he was put on another medication and to collect it from them. Sure, said OH and promptly forgot all about it. The first I knew of it was when a few weeks later another pill was added to his dossette box. "What's this?", I said. "Didn't you know about it?" That's when I had to tell the surgery that they should know of his condition and to take his number off the records and put mine on instead. To this day, his number still crops up in some hospital records. I had to give him a new number for a while!