Nine months since EOAD diagnosis and things are going ok!

Trixxie

Oct 3, 2014
Midsomer Norton near Bath
Hello, I've not been on here for a while but my lovely hubby was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last October AGED 54! I found this forum amazing support and was on here all the time & gained so much info from you lovely people! I wanted to give you an update..... We have recently been interviewed by our local newspaper as we want to pull something positive from our situation with this horrid disease. We want to try and change people's perception of how they view dementia. We've signed up for our local Alzheimers memory walk in our local city and hope to raise some dosh. Hubby has slightly deteriorated since October but is still working full time and his employers are very supportive of his condition. His driving licence is reviewed annually and he copes really well with life at the moment. I know all to well what the future holds for us but just enjoying our precious time together while he's fit & well.

Hubby recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hello, I've not been on here for a while but my lovely hubby was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last October AGED 54! I found this forum amazing support and was on here all the time & gained so much info from you lovely people! I wanted to give you an update..... We have recently been interviewed by our local newspaper as we want to pull something positive from our situation with this horrid disease. We want to try and change people's perception of how they view dementia. We've signed up for our local Alzheimers memory walk in our local city and hope to raise some dosh. Hubby has slightly deteriorated since October but is still working full time and his employers are very supportive of his condition. His driving licence is reviewed annually and he copes really well with life at the moment. I know all to well what the future holds for us but just enjoying our precious time together while he's fit & well.

Hubby recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's

Hello :) so glad to hear life is going fairly well for you and husband . We too enjoy our time together and count our blessings everyday . May your lovely time continue xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katejacko