Nightmares

Dwayne

Jun 25, 2016
Hello, I don't really know if I'm posting in the right place. It's 3:22 AM where I live, and I just woke from a horrifying nightmare. In searching the Internet, I see that this is common. I get so terrified during my nightmares. This time I thought someone was in my home, then realized it was auditory hallucinations, not yet realizing I was actually asleep. I tried to call my ex husband but my phone wouldn't work. In the dream I came in to my living room and there were people everywhere, I thought I was going crazy. I got so mad that I grabbed a board and started beating all these people, really bad. I was thinking, I know this isn't real, so just beat them and get rid of them. Finally I woke from that dream and now I'm up and writing this. I'm alone now, I have no partner or husband and I'm so terrified when I try to sleep. I worry that if I hurt people knowing they're not real, that I might someday think they're not real when they really are. I'm a gentle person, this dream is out of character for me. I'm getting afraid to live alone. I don't know what to do. Night before last I had all the horrifying people in my home, but then my dad came and sat on my bed. It didn't comfort me because I was aware that he's been dead for over 20 years. I'm only 54 years old. Please give me advice if you have any. Thanks, Dwayne

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Dwayne, welcome to TP, I am sorry you are plagued with nightmares and hallucinations, maybe your Doctor could help, I know some medications can make this worse so may now would be a good time for you to have a word with someone.