Nightmares and Night terrors?

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
Last night I had a nightmare unlike a night terror where I did not know or understand exactly what it was I was afraid of, only that I was terrified.
The last real nightmare I had was before I was put on the Ebixa, I no longer able too remember what it was about, but I can remember how I felt i.e. Could not move a limb but then a darkness descending and an acceptance that this was the end just before it went totally black.
Each time I was surprised too find myself actually waking up and checking too see if I was where I thought I was, I was, but afraid to close my eyes.
Sometimes my little dog sleeps with me,but I remember I was restless so had put him back in his bed.
The content of the nightmare was that I didn't recognise my daughter a complete stranger stood in front of me, I asked if she was a friend of Joys and yet deep down I knew it was Joy. I won't go into the scarier bits of the nightmare, but when I did wake up properly I wondered if I would recognise her when she did come down! Needless too say I did, but I know that one day I might not.
If nothing else it made me feel so grateful too be where I am in a decent home with family, daughter and granddaughter close by and my garden that I can see and watch the birds we feed come and go with their babies now in tow.
Hopefully it will be quite a while before the next nightmare, or perhaps there simply won't be any more❤️

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Justchillin

Mar 28, 2017
What's started happen to me

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I've been diagnosed with early stage young vascular demencia. I'm finding it very hard to compose this or any other written letter etc. So please forgive me for bad grammar or spelling mistakes.

When ever I see overweight,obese people, I find it very hard not to say something about eating too much.I know it's wrong to say personal things, and I don't, it's just getting so hard to stop my self.If I see people smoking I get the urge to tell them to stop as well.

I hate noise children, get very anxious and find myself staring at the parents whilst we're in the cafe/restaurants. Do I just stop going out and further climb into my shell? I'm very worried about the future effect this is going to have on my lovely wife as thing become worse over the next few years.

All my family have been told along with my close friends, who I've been avoiding over the last year or so, their all very understanding and caring, and one of my daughters is taking me to Greece next week for my first holiday in 4years. I'm worried we will arrive at Gatwick late and miss the plane, even though she's tries to ashore me we will arrive in time.

Is this all going to get worse as time goes by?

RP.

Haverton

Sep 12, 2016
Essex
Hi Jeanie I have not posted for a while but i have identified with your nigh terror and your troublesome dreams. My dreams are so real and like you i have to get out of bed to learn if the dream was real or not. One recurring episode is that i find myself in a place where I am not asleep nor unawake. I can't remain in sleep and I want to be awake. To do so I have to try and move a limb that will bring me out of a disturbing situation. Another uncomfortable dream is where I don't know if I am asleep or awake. I terrify my self by thinking am I dreaming that I am doing something whenI in fact I am awake doing the same task because I am awake awake and will spend the rest of my life and being unable to differ between the two. Will I live the rest of my life unable to differ between the two. (Don't worry if you are confused by my post I as I have also lost the thread of what I am trying to say)

This can be a terrible disease when your head feels like a piece of tripe.

Take care

Last edited:

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
Hi Jeanie I have not posted for a while but i have identified with your nigh terror and your troublesome dreams. My dreams are so real and like you i have to get out of bed to learn if the dream was real or not. One recurring episode is that i find myself in a place where I am not asleep nor unawake. I can't remain in sleep and I want to be awake. To do so I have to try and move a limb that will bring me out of a disturbing situation. Another uncomfortable dream is where I don't know if I am asleep or awake. I terrify my self by thinking am I dreaming that I am doing something whenI in fact I am awake doing the same task because I am awake awake and will spend the rest of my life and being unable to differ between the two. Will I live the rest of my life unable to differ between the two. (Don't worry if you are confused by my post I as I have also lost the thread of what I am trying to say)

This can be a terrible disease when your head feels like a piece of tripe.

Take care

Hi haverton good too see you posting as I wondered how you are getting on.
Afraid I am now having trouble with my sight gets blurry when brain has to take in too much info in thought it was new glasses too begin with, but it's the Alzheimer's.
Try not too worry to much I have found that whatever comes along may not happen again for a while❤️

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
This is what makes me get up each day, my garden I can still plant and sometimes plan❤️ IMG_1526.JPGIMG_1524.JPGIMG_1503.JPG