Nightmare!

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
A lovely dream. I still always smile and think of dad when I have Fish and Chips. Walking on a sunny day does that too as my dad loved to walk. It would have been his 85th birthday tomorrow, so we will be visiting the cemetery.

Happy New Year to you, hope things are working out ok with you MaNaAk and your brothers are being kind to you. x

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Elle3,

I shall be thinking of you tomorrow. I still remember your dad saying that some ship had gone past a window. I am having a distant relationship with my brothers and I seem to have more contact with the elder one.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone,

Last night I had a wonderful dream of what looked like mum, dad and I visiting what looked like a museum somewhere in London but it ended with dad collapsing and me drawing the attention of a nurse. I was saying that dad was diabetic with severe Alzheimers and deafness. When I said that he had Alzheimers the nurse couldn't believe it and I said that he had put on a brilliant host mode act! Why did it have to end like this as both and dad had looked younger?

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
You are still processing your grief @MaNaAk and it intrudes into even a good dream.
At least your dreams are not full of grief now.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dreamt mum was trying to sort out an argument between myself and my youngest invisible over the house. I don't know what we were doing in Edinburgh but I was pleased to wake up in my flat.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Dreamt mum was trying to sort out an argument between myself and my youngest invisible over the house. I don't know what we were doing in Edinburgh but I was pleased to wake up in my flat.
sounds like a worry dream. have you sent the email and have they been in touch?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
sounds like a worry dream. have you sent the email and have they been in touch?
Not yet but I'm waiting for more news from uncle but he's isolating at the moment. I think this is because I think back to last year and believe it is nearly a year ago.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning,

I hope everyone is an hour ahead I dreamt my eldest 'invisible' was coming after me.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Good morning everyone,

I had a bit of trouble getting off to sleep with thinking about all I have to with moving and before the 23rd April fitting the last bits around work then I dreamt I was carer again!

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Last night's dream was too realistic nearly three years on but I must get on with today.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
your brain was too busy. moving, caring is all locked together. you will do it and wonder what you were worried about. you remember a year ago.
Thankyou @jennifer1967. Did you have a good night? Are you going out today? It's lovely weather here. Just packing some photo which is sentimental in itself.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Thankyou @jennifer1967. Did you have a good night? Are you going out today? It's lovely weather here. Just packing some photo which is sentimental in itself.

MaNaAk
i went to bed late but slept better. we are going out today and the weather lovely. need to get out of the house. a bit annoyed that my son and daughter didnt think about accessibility but maybe its better that they go out together.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
@MaNaAk last night I dreamed that we had moved back to our old house and I was trying to put up some new wallpaper but then I noticed that there was a gap between the top of the wall and the roof and I really needed to put some filler in so I got the step ladder out but the walls got taller and the ladder wouldn't reach so I couldn't fill the gap. It was all a bit weird.

When we moved house about 25 years ago I had recurrent dreams for a long time in which I would go down the road and let myself into my old house with a secret key when the new owners were out and I would sit and look out of the window at the little garden. I always felt guilty when I woke up but I liked that house very much and it took me a long while to get used to not being there. It was smaller than the house we are in now and I have fond memories of it but I don't often have those dreams anymore. I often drive by the house that I grew up in and I have very happy memories of that house and even the tiny house that I lived in as a small child until I was eight years old.

Mum and dad moved from that house to the bungalow that dad died in years after I had left home so it was never the family home and it wasn't so important and I rarely dream about it.

It can be very hard to let go of some of those memories.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
@MaNaAk last night I dreamed that we had moved back to our old house and I was trying to put up some new wallpaper but then I noticed that there was a gap between the top of the wall and the roof and I really needed to put some filler in so I got the step ladder out but the walls got taller and the ladder wouldn't reach so I couldn't fill the gap. It was all a bit weird.

When we moved house about 25 years ago I had recurrent dreams for a long time in which I would go down the road and let myself into my old house with a secret key when the new owners were out and I would sit and look out of the window at the little garden. I always felt guilty when I woke up but I liked that house very much and it took me a long while to get used to not being there. It was smaller than the house we are in now and I have fond memories of it but I don't often have those dreams anymore. I often drive by the house that I grew up in and I have very happy memories of that house and even the tiny house that I lived in as a small child until I was eight years old.

Mum and dad moved from that house to the bungalow that dad died in years after I had left home so it was never the family home and it wasn't so important and I rarely dream about it.

It can be very hard to let go of some of those memories.
I wonder what sort of dreams I'll have when I leave here. I know I dreamt last night but I can't remember it. Your dream reminds of the times when I've dreamt that I am climbing some sort of scaffolding to reach wherever I want to be however in reality I like to keep my feet firmly on the ground.

I still dream of mum and dad together never apart and she's always helping with the caring apart from when she got him out of the care home.

MaNaAk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75