Night times

yadit0

Mar 26, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi everyone, I would be so grateful for any help and advice Mum lives with us she has Alzheimer's I am have problems during the night, Mum go's to bed about 9pm sleeps peacefully for about 2-3 hours then I am getting up with her 3-4 times during the rest of the night, all she wants to do is sleep in the chair in the lounge, its a constant battle getting her back to bed and hope she stays there. I feel she needs more sleep than shes getting and after breakfast she asleep again until lunch lime, I am running out of ways to try and keep her in bed for a whole nights sleep. Many thanks.

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Its mum and the sofa for me, its not really a battle, its what happens when she does this, a long list of things and all added up it is far better for her to stay in bed!! I have tried with some success softening her mattress with a sheep skin, 2 very plump V shaped pillows so that she is almost sitting up, this seems to ease any back/leg problems she may have. I have noticed that when she wakes up from a nap on the sofa she finds it easier to get up, but has a few problems doing the same from bed. So I am still looking at the bed finding ways to make it more comfortable, sitting up seems to be the way we are going.

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan