night incontinence

windflower

Jun 7, 2015
I have bought several pairs of pants with built in pad, do they loose. their soak up after a few washes, as I am finding they Are not as good as they were
many thanks
windflower

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Hi, I have no experience of washable pads, Mum wore disposables, but I know that using a fabric softener diminishes the "soak upability" :) of towelling because it coats the threads and I presume would work the same on most fabrics. Have you tried the disposable types eg Tena etc? and have you asked your incontinence clinic * for any advice?
* usually found via the GP.;)

Jan 3, 2013
Sidcup
I too was originally using the washable pants with built in pads for my MIL but I too found they lost their absorbency, so had to move on to net knickers and pads which I was able to get via the district nurses. Unfortunately MIL fiddles with these now so we have moved on to pull ups which our council does not supply

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Hi, I have no experience of washable pads, Mum wore disposables, but I know that using a fabric softener diminishes the "soak upability" :) of towelling because it coats the threads and I presume would work the same on most fabrics. Have you tried the disposable types eg Tena etc? and have you asked your incontinence clinic * for any advice?
* usually found via the GP.;)

Good point about fabric conditioner.
It should not be used with any continence products eg. Waterproof bed pads, as it will affect the ability to absorb urine.
I too stopped using it on towels and find they are more absorbent without it.