1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

night incontinence

Discussion in 'Equipment and technology' started by windflower, Jun 12, 2015.

1. windflower

windflower Registered User

Jun 7, 2015
    I have bought several pairs of pants with built in pad, do they loose. their soak up after a few washes, as I am finding they Are not as good as they were
    many thanks
    windflower

2. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    Hi, I have no experience of washable pads, Mum wore disposables, but I know that using a fabric softener diminishes the "soak upability" :) of towelling because it coats the threads and I presume would work the same on most fabrics. Have you tried the disposable types eg Tena etc? and have you asked your incontinence clinic * for any advice?
    * usually found via the GP.;)

3. 1954

1954 Registered User

Jan 3, 2013
    Sidcup
    I too was originally using the washable pants with built in pads for my MIL but I too found they lost their absorbency, so had to move on to net knickers and pads which I was able to get via the district nurses. Unfortunately MIL fiddles with these now so we have moved on to pull ups which our council does not supply

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

4. sleepless

sleepless Registered User

Feb 19, 2010
    Female
    The Sweet North

Good point about fabric conditioner.
    It should not be used with any continence products eg. Waterproof bed pads, as it will affect the ability to absorb urine.
    I too stopped using it on towels and find they are more absorbent without it.