Night and God bless mum...

Lily1

Feb 6, 2018
My lovely mum, gave up on her fight last week. Since last December we have been trying our best to care, support and help her through the insidious mind control that Alzheimers inflicted upon her. She was always proud of her sharp mind, of us and of her own achievements. Family was everything to mum. She suffered a range of respiratory diseases and oxygen therapy curtailed her freedom but she got on with things. Even when delirium, then Alzheimers struck, she never ever complained. Mum was mum, even when confused her mothering instincts came to the fore. I miss her, I love her and I cry over all she never knew she had lost, But, I’m proud of her strength, her courage and her desire to always try her best - even when she thought her home wasn’t hers. She was and always will be a force to be reckoned with.

Lily1

Feb 6, 2018
It was so peaceful in the end, I just wish I could have talked to mum, properly talked just one more time, but it was all she would have wanted in the end, that is a comfort. x

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
Sorry for your loss. I am glad the ending was peaceful, it is all we can hope for when the time comes. Thinking of you over the difficult weeks ahead.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Your mum has left a lovely legacy for you @Lily1 to be so well loved and cared about. Even though she died so young I hope you are comforted by such lovely memories.

Malalie

Sep 1, 2016
A beautiful eulogy for your Mum - she sounds like she was a lovely lady. My condolences. Take care XX