Nice start to 2015!!

Trace2012

Jun 24, 2013
Mams been in hospital nearly 3 weeks and they started to increase her dose of anti phycotics yesterday, I went to see her today and she sed she dosent feel well, dry mouth and headaches side effects they sed to the meds, and not once since she's been im has she mentioned the neighbours, but today she was as bad as she was before which is why they put her in, she sed she isn't coming back untill all there stuff is gone, I tried to tell her there's nothing there it's all our stuff, no way was she havin it, spoke to the nurse and sed the consultant is in for review tmoro, anyone had this before? Will they keep her in if the drugs are not working?

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

memaggie2

Nov 9, 2014
scotland
They are not likely to send your mum home if she is no better , they would usually start medication at the lowest level and then increase it if its not effective. If it doesn't work they may change the medication. Try to see the consultant if you can and ask what the plan and likely outcome is

regards
Maggie

Trace2012

Jun 24, 2013
Thanks Maggie, sorry I didn't reply, ive not been on tp since mam went in, she's coming home today with not a bit of change since the day she went in, they say they have given her 2 different meds and none have made any difference, they can't do anything more for her, her delusions Are coming home with her aswell, we are heartbroken that she's been in for a month now and we're all goin to be back at square one with the arguments accusations! I don't know how im going to cope when it all flares up again, which it will xx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Has the Hospital Social Worker done an assessment on her? They ought not to be discharging her without one.
As regards to the future, you can only wait for things to flare up and ring the GP/Social Services and ask for help again....it seems that some people only get help in a crisis!!! which is a bit of a shame for you when you are the ones who have to sort it out. x.x.

Trace2012

Jun 24, 2013
The social worker is coming out nxt tuesday, also the OT is comin in the morning, no doubt she will be telling them all about the neighbours being in the house today, as she informed me the moment I walked in the door! Ive gotta say my heart hit the floor! Im so gutted that in only 24 hours she's back to normal, also the neighbour now says they are movin, they feel uncomfortable with the situation, they are worried for the safety of the kids, I don't blame them for worrying, I would in the same situation, now we will have to
Worry about who's movin in and is sh gonna be the same with them! Feel so depressed xxx