NICE and Medication

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi everyone,
I was just thinking the other day when we were doing a partition through the local paper, to send to Mrs Hewitt.
Are we the only ones being denied medication or is it going to go further. I have a feeling that NICE might try to stop people with other illnesses getting the medication they need.
If this happens the rearch companies will not like this country one little bit. Not only that but Joe public will in the end stop giving money for research.
Not a nice thought is it, lets hope we can get the decision reversed

Best wishes

kenc

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hello Ken, now you have given me something to think about.

Must say I haven't heard anything about this, but seems quite feasible.
Cannot think that Dementia will be the only area to be targeted. As for research and funding well, as I said, you have made me think.

Take care now, regards

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yes Ken, I remember writing to my MP about a decision by NICE to discontinue some drugs for Osteoporosis. I don`t know the outcome as I still get mine, but I think it was another drug that was at risk of being withdrawn.

I`m sorry I missed your paper`s campaign. I don`t know how I missed it but had I known I would have signed it willingly.

Sorry, Sylvia

pembie

Mar 4, 2006
South Wales
Question Time 16th Nov

Hi all,

Did anyone watch Question Time last night? During a discussion on compensating prisoners for their "cold turkey" treatment, Robert Kilroy-Silk managed to get in a criticism of the NICE decision on Alzheimers' drugs, among others.

It seemed to be appreciated by the audience but did not lead to any further discussion re NICE.

Pembie

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Presentation of petition!

I have just returned from a very successful lobby and presentation of a petition to local AM's. There was a good turn out despite the rain.

We were invited into the hall where a North Wales Regional Committee meeting was due to take place and some of us gave comments to the press. Two different local papers were there and photographers so there should be good coverage in the papers of our anger at the deplorable decision by NICE.

Hope all the other events planned for today are successful too!:)

Linda

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Congratulations

To all those who carried the flag of protest at withdrawal of anti-dementia meds. on behalf of our loved ones; you got pretty good news coverage this evening, linked with the fact that the pharmaceutical companies are going to take the issue to the High Court. Well done!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
While we know they're only doing it to increase their profits, I'm pleased the drug companies are doing this - they have considerably deeper pockets than organisations such as the AS, and while I'm suprised to find myself on their side (being a bit of an anarchist) all power to them.

Jennifer