NHS Track and Trace APP

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
So it still just relies on a human to admit that they have been diagnosed as positive for the virus and bothering to enter it into their phone?
Hmph!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
So it still just relies on a human to admit that they have been diagnosed as positive for the virus and bothering to enter it into their phone?

Yes, and being tested +ve before contacts are alerted
The infected person has to give permission for the alerts to be sent.
The app cannot diagnose coronavirus.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
My iPhone 5 won't download the app and I cannot upgrade it anymore! So, this might be the push I need to get a new phone

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
We downloaded the new app yesterday and as I knew our area is high risk...

It seems to work well and no sign of drainage on my battery so far so good.

We went out for lunch today and scanned the code .....easy to use.

Anything that helps this Covid situation is worth a try as far as I am concerned.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
I was prompted by a cycling friend (a retired GP) to download the app today - we were sat socially distanced in the cafe together.

I scanned the code for the cafe and for the climbing place when I picked my son up (he is under 16 so can't use the app).

My iPhone 5 won't download the app and I cannot upgrade it anymore! So, this might be the push I need to get a new phone

They said on the news yesterday that for iphones the iphone 6 and older don't work with the app.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I was prompted by a cycling friend (a retired GP) to download the app today - we were sat socially distanced in the cafe together.

I scanned the code for the cafe and for the climbing place when I picked my son up (he is under 16 so can't use the app).

They said on the news yesterday that for iphones the iphone 6 and older don't work with the app.
which i said if you got the right phone at the beginning like they assume everyones got internet especially when the kids had to stay at home to be home schooled. they never did get to every child. ive only had it in since february