NHS-FNC is the increase passed on?

intheloop

Jun 9, 2019
My father has NHS-FNC as well as Section 117 aftercare which is provided by the council.
The nursing home he is in costs considerably more than this amount so requires a top-up fee which is paid to the council by his estate (handled by me as his attorney.)
I receive monthly invoices from the council but the amount has not changed even though NHS-FNC has increased.
Is anyone else in a similar situation?
I know the nursing home get the FNC paid to them directly but should they benefit from the increase or should it be taken off my fathers overall costs so his top-up fee reduces?
Is the pandemic slowing admin down and eventually the costs will be corrected?
I asked the council but they were clueless. They said they didn't know he had FNC even though it's obvious from the amount of top-up I pay that he has it.
I’m finding it very hard to get the answers from google and wondered if anyone in this great community knows!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Section 117 after care is free
https://www.rethink.org/Factsheets/7894/Section 117 Aftercare factsheet .

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/socia...fter-a-hospital-stay/mental-health-aftercare/ .

Any payment is a voluntary top up because you refused the care offered, this can be a first party payment.

Most care homes do not refund any FNC, they regard it as a payment to them because of the increased nursing costs.

The home will be invoicing the LA for basic nursing, there is no need for the LA to know about FNC.

intheloop

Jun 9, 2019
Thank you for your quick response @nitram . I am still a little bit confused by it all!!

Any payment is a voluntary top up because you refused the care offered, this can be a first party payment.
Interestingly, I did not refuse the care offered because I was not given an option by them. They told me I had to find a care home for my father!

Most care homes do not refund any FNC, they regard it as a payment to them because of the increased nursing costs.

I am happy with that, I think they work incredibly hard.
It is just that the top-up fee was worked out by taking away the council contribution and the FNC from the care home fee. With the remainder being the top-up.

The home will be invoicing the LA for basic nursing, there is no need for the LA to know about FNC.
As far as I am aware the home are invoicing the LA for the full amount of the care home fee minus the FNC.

I am very grateful for your reply and the links as I’m newish to this and it’s all very difficult to understand.
The first link on rethink.org I couldn't download the factsheet. It just kept going back to the original page.
I'm not the best with computers though!!