NHS Continuing Care

Geraldine

Oct 17, 2003
Nottingham
Regular thread members will know that Mum died last year in February. A week after she died my request for Continuing Crae was refused. I was going to let it drop because I felt the whole system was skewed againt dementia patients and said so in a very forthrigth letter to the PCT. However I was invited to appeal because they said that many of my points had been raised by the ombudsman and their procedures were being reviewed. To cut a long story short I been invited to attend a panel meeting the week after next, next week I will meet with an NPA and the CC lead from the PCT to go though the 30 page document the panel will see. I will have an oportunity to add the the document and address the panel. I have read the previous 'crisis' thread and will remind myself aout the booklet but I wondered if there were any members who had attended such a panel and could give me any tips. Also Nada, is it worth ringing the Society at this stage.

I don't for one minute imagine I will be successful but want to let them know how biased I think the whole procedure is and cost focussed not patient focussed.

Geraldine

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
In January there was some discussion about the levels of continuing NHS care, can anyone remember which thread they were on? The Nursing Home advised dad that they were certain mum would qualify for the full rate, but dad received a letter today saying that she had been assessed on the middle band, and would be reassessed in three months time.
Until I found this site we had not even heard about Continuing Care: I'd like to reread the posts that were made but haven't been able to find them.

Amy

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thank you Sandy, that's great. Yes I had got mixed up, and it was whay you sent me that I was looking for.
Thanks.
But if anyone does want to know about the other Continuing Care it is in the thread Crisis.
Amy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976