NHS CHC Funding Assessment today

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Elle3, Jun 26, 2018.

1. lemonjuice

lemonjuice Registered User

Jun 15, 2016
    England
    I hope that the panel will agree but my mother was referred 6 times to panel and each time they refused.
    As others say though, so much depends on your area and I know we have a much higher proportion of 80+ in our area suffering with dementia and other health needs and the PCT is really stretched financially.

2. love.dad.but..

love.dad.but.. Registered User

Jan 16, 2014
    Kent
    Ah yes...interpretation was the word I was trying to think of!

3. Elle3

Elle3 Registered User

Jun 30, 2016
    We have good new. I’ve just had a phone call from the SW, we got the funding for my dad. The panel agreed with the Assessment team. Funding will start from the 26th June.

Only down side is we lose our absolutely brilliant SW, as she now hands over to the CHC team.

Elle x

4. looviloo

looviloo Registered User

May 3, 2015
    Female
    Cheshire
    That's great news, Elle, well done! Of course it's sad that your dad should be eligible for this funding in the first place, and I imagine it's a bitter-sweet resolution. But hopefully it lifts some of the worry about the future, and makes the hard work and stress worthwhile x

5. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Oh well done.
    You can get the flags out now!
    :D

6. Elle3

Elle3 Registered User

Jun 30, 2016
    Thank you, I think more than a flag is needed lol;)

7. 70smand

70smand Registered User

Dec 4, 2011
    Female
    Essex
    Just catching up with everyone after a weeks holiday. I’m so pleased for you Elle, although I know it doesn’t solve your problems, but hopefully one less thing to worry about. It’s not as if you’ve had an easy ride up till now and funding is only one side of things.
    I totally agree it’s a lottery and so unfair who does it doesn’t qualify but the more people who do get it may help the rest of us, well, others anyway.
    Sending a big hug and and a sigh of relief for you your way for whatever come next xxx