NHS CHC Funding Assessment today

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
I hate to rain on your parade, but you havent got through the panel yet - they are the people who make the decision and its by no means a rubber stamp job. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, but I would hold back on the flags at the moment.
I hope that the panel will agree but my mother was referred 6 times to panel and each time they refused.
As others say though, so much depends on your area and I know we have a much higher proportion of 80+ in our area suffering with dementia and other health needs and the PCT is really stretched financially.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Thank you love.dad.but.

I agree it shouldn't be a lottery, there is a definite criteria there with scores, but it's all open to interpretation, which is such a shame.

Elle x
Ah yes...interpretation was the word I was trying to think of!

Elle3

Jun 30, 2016
We have good new. I’ve just had a phone call from the SW, we got the funding for my dad. The panel agreed with the Assessment team. Funding will start from the 26th June.

Only down side is we lose our absolutely brilliant SW, as she now hands over to the CHC team.

Elle x

looviloo

May 3, 2015
Cheshire
That's great news, Elle, well done! Of course it's sad that your dad should be eligible for this funding in the first place, and I imagine it's a bitter-sweet resolution. But hopefully it lifts some of the worry about the future, and makes the hard work and stress worthwhile x

70smand

Dec 4, 2011
Essex
Just catching up with everyone after a weeks holiday. I’m so pleased for you Elle, although I know it doesn’t solve your problems, but hopefully one less thing to worry about. It’s not as if you’ve had an easy ride up till now and funding is only one side of things.
I totally agree it’s a lottery and so unfair who does it doesn’t qualify but the more people who do get it may help the rest of us, well, others anyway.
Sending a big hug and and a sigh of relief for you your way for whatever come next xxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951