Newbie here

Jane11

Jan 27, 2021
Hi all I’m Jane and am living in Ireland (hope that’s ok). My mum is 73 and gone downhill rapidly unfortunately in the last few months. She’s currently recovering from covid in hospital and thankfully has had no real symptoms. I’m just looking to chat with people in similar situations. Thanks ?

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Jane11.

I’m sorry to hear about your mum. I’m so glad you’ve found this forum. You will find lots of support and I understanding here. Keep posting!

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Hello @Jane11

I hope your mum makes a good recovery. My mum is in a care home (she is 90 and has vascular dementia) and she, along with several other residents and several staff currently have Covid. They were all vaccinated just two weeks before the outbreak and we are all hoping that has helped.

Welcome. You will find lots of advice and support for you here.

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
Hi @Jane11 -im a newbie too! My mum is 76 and has mixed dementia and declined rapidly last year. She went from being a bit forgetful to not knowing who any of us were in a matter of months during first lockdown last year. At the moment my parents have moved in with me and my family as dad couldn’t cope with her on his own.

you’ll find lots of support on here-I certainly have!

?

Robert b

Jan 19, 2021
Bailiff bridge West Yorkshire
Hi all I’m Jane and am living in Ireland (hope that’s ok). My mum is 73 and gone downhill rapidly unfortunately in the last few months. She’s currently recovering from covid in hospital and thankfully has had no real symptoms. I’m just looking to chat with people in similar situations. Thanks ?
goodevening jane i am sorry to her about your mum with covid .my mum in a care home now my dad as Alzhelmers and care for my dad .at home i no its hard to cope with i haved violences push in the face and headbutted that was a Awhile ago . jane there is always someone to chat to . iam robert from bradford westyorshire .jane if you need a friend to chat to you can messeage me no problem Thank you jane for messeage .

Jane11

Jan 27, 2021
Thanks all it’s good to know you’re not alone in this difficult journey