• Expert Q&A: Rare dementias - Tues 3 March, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of rare dementias. It will be hosted by Nikki and Seb from Rare Dementia Support. If you have any questions about rare dementias, they will be here to answer them on Tuesday 3 March between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Newbie here with early onset Alzheimer's Disease

Daryl2510

Yearly update lol

Sorry I haven't logged in for a long time, but you know - this illness!

My mum has been in hospital and they told me that she has between 3-6 months left to live, so I have had to put a DNR (do not resuscitate) in place and her GP has prescribed morphine ready for when it is time for her to go, to make her passage into the next adventure of life pain-free and peaceful... Her care home has the medicine ready and a district nurse will come if the GP deems that she is coming to her final days and give her the morphine on a daily basis to ease her pain, as she now has a failing heart, lungs and kidneys, all due to the Alzheimer's Disease.

These next few months are going to be as stressful as the last few years have been with her and also coping with my diagnosis over the last 7 years with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease haven't made it any easier.

Eh ho - it never rains etc... (although it's hammering it down as I write this lol)

Stripey3

May 29, 2019
Q’s@Daryl2510
Just read your thread from start to finish.
Total respect for you. I think you are amazing and an inspiration to others.
I wish you strength for the future and very best wishes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suzanne B