Newbie - both parents with diagnosis of Alzheimer’s

WilmaT

Oct 6, 2017
Hi, both of my parents have been diagnosed this year with Alzheimer’s and I’m really just looking for some guidance , probably both practical and emotional, as we walk through their journey together please... I am currently looking for an electronic pill dispenser but don’t know which is the best, would appreciate if anyone could guide me please.
Thanks for allowing me to join your forum and I look forward to getting to know you.
Wilma

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi Wilma

You've come to the right place for anything dementia related. I've found a wealth of support here.

With reference to an electronic pill dispenser I got my dad the Tab Time one from Amazon. It has 28 compartments, a timer and an alarm.

Just tried to post a link but it went wrong

WilmaT

Oct 6, 2017
Hi Wilma

You've come to the right place for anything dementia related. I've found a wealth of support here.

With reference to an electronic pill dispenser I got my dad the Tab Time one from Amazon. It has 28 compartments, a timer and an alarm.

Just tried to post a link but it went wrong

WilmaT

Oct 6, 2017
THank you so much! Tab time is the one I was looking at so glad to here a recommendation!
Thanks again!

Josephine1

Jan 5, 2016
THank you so much! Tab time is the one I was looking at so glad to here a recommendation!
Thanks again!
Hi. My both parents were also both diagnosed with dementia 4 years ago now - Alzheimer's and Vascular. We also tried the tab time for my Dad's medication which worked for awhile however the alarm annoyed my Mum and she kept hiding it. It's worth a try though.

Last edited by a moderator:

WilmaT

Oct 6, 2017
Hi. My both parents were also both diagnosed with dementia 4 years ago now - Alzheimer's and Vascular. We also tried the tab time for my Dad's medication which worked for awhile however the alarm annoyed my Mum and she kept hiding it. It's worth a try though.

Thanks so much for this, this is my concern about my dad as he is very intolerant just now, I have bought it and will give it a try and keep my fingers crossed! Thanks again!

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Hi @WilmaT, welcome to TP. I too have both parents with Alzheimer's and some of my experiences are described in previous posts. They are both in care home now. Please feel free to PM me. I know there are a few TP members out there with both parents diagnosed, but not that many! Georgina

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
As always, it is great to see such peer to peer support :)

Just to clarify, members are not able to send private conversations (messages) until 10 posts have been made in the forums.

We would also like to take this opportunity to remind all members about the importance of online safety.

Guidelines and advice can be found on the following useful link https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/sho...bbreviations&p=1275482&viewfull=1#post1275482

We hope you find this helpful :)

WilmaT

Oct 6, 2017
Hi @WilmaT, welcome to TP. I too have both parents with Alzheimer's and some of my experiences are described in previous posts. They are both in care home now. Please feel free to PM me. I know there are a few TP members out there with both parents diagnosed, but not that many! Georgina
Hi Georgina, thank you so much for your support, I will look out for your posts as you will have invaluable knowledge and experience that will be of great benefit to me and my parents I’m sure!
Thanks again!