new

mickyb

Feb 6, 2008
essex
hi all new to talking point my karen was diagnosed 3 yrs ago at 45 yrs no lies its tuff as her carer its comforting to know that im not alone some of your threads have given me hope and encourgement to carry on

mickyb

zonkjonk

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Hi MickyB
karen is very young to have this. what kind of dementia does she have?
is she on any medication?
you will find a lot of help and support on this forum
Kind regards,
Jo

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hello Micky and welcome to TP,

It is always sad to hear of another dementia sufferer but particularly one as young as Karen. I'm sure that you'll get plenty of advice and support here your definitely not alone sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved. Wishing you strength for what lies ahead. Regards Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Micky.
I`m struggling to find something comforting to say to you, but having a wife of 45 with AD is a dreadful position to be in, so nothing would suffice.
I hope you stay with TP and allow the support and friendship that develops between our members to give you some comfort.
Love xx

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hi Micky,

I'm so sorry to hear your news - your wife being diagnosed at 45 is tragic - absoloutly tragic.

Are you caring for your wife full time? Do you have children?

I hope you find much help and comfort here on TP - as I've said before it was a life saver for me and my family as I am able to pass on all the advice and tips other people put on here.

Thinking of you both.

Westie

May 14, 2007
South East London/Surrey border
Hello Micky,

What a terribly young age Karen was to be diagnosed. What an awful shock that must have been for both of you.

You will find a wealth of information, support and understanding here on TP and I hope you find it helps a little.

Mary-Ann

Cloudwatcher

Nov 2, 2007
West Sussex
Dear Micky,

My heart goes out to you and Karen.

I am sure, now you have come to TP, you will find a huge amount of support from other people who have found themselves in a similar situation.

Somehow the strength and courage to carry on just comes from somewhere.

"Apparently" we are never dealt anything in life that we cannot cope with and it only makes us stronger!

Lee x

mickyb

Feb 6, 2008
essex
micky reply

Hi all

Thanks for your kind replies and comments its now 3 years since the original diagnosis I dont know exactly what sort of AD karen has but it seems to be progressing quite rapidly.
The consultant at the National in London just says it is a neuro degenerative condition such as AD and has prescribed Aricept.
They keep asking wether its of benifit to which i can only reply the only way to find out is to stop taking it wich i am not prepared to do. My youngest daughter has gone of to spain with her boyfriend to live and my eldest daughter helps when she can but has trouble coping with some of the day to day events.I think ive covered everything once again thank you all
mick

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968