New Year - what’s ahead

Simmj100

Jun 22, 2018
After spending Christmas Day in the Care home with my Dad and visiting daily into the New Year it appears we have entered a new phase.
Previously l’ve mentioned the constant sex chat this continues but now includes persistent reference to him dying. Is this another trait ?
Dad has gradually deteriorated over the months, weight loss, oedema in his legs, speech issues, start of some throat issues, increased sleeping during the day and awake at night.
Not sure what lm really asking but l just want some answers to this awful disease.
Sorry :(

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Unfortunately there aren't any answers with this condition, which, as you say, is awful.

I find myself having to give my wife constant reassurance about the state of her health as she too talks of dying etc., and wanting a timeframe for her expected lifespan etc., etc..

It is both sad and wearying and I empathise with how you must feel.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
Same here...my husband has asked about his state of health and life expectancy. He has asked about the latter since his diagnosis years ago. I’ve lied each time, and said it varies so much it cannot be estimated. I reasoned that if he had really wanted to know he could have asked the doctor or googled it, in the early stages. He is beyond that now, by a long way.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
No lies there @Amethyst59 - lifespan does vary so much. Google will produce estimates based on statistics and statistics may be little more that irrelevant unless one fits the profile of the persons on whom the stats are based.

Whilst she has gone beyond that stage now, my wife used to scare herself by looking on line and then coming to me in a panic because she was about to die - according to the stats. I had to reassure her while at the same time thinking that she would probably outlive me. We exist in a world of weirdness!

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
No lies there @Amethyst59 - lifespan does vary so much. Google will produce estimates based on statistics and statistics may be little more that irrelevant unless one fits the profile of the persons on whom the stats are based.

Whilst she has gone beyond that stage now, my wife used to scare herself by looking on line and then coming to me in a panic because she was about to die - according to the stats. I had to reassure her while at the same time thinking that she would probably outlive me. We exist in a world of weirdness!
Yes, I so agree, we are in a kind of dystopia living with this disease. Warmest, Kindred.